-18-

Tord sat on the couch, with his knees to his chest. He had been thinking about his confusing feelings for about two hours now. He couldn't really decide what to do. Tord sighed, and got up. He walked to Edd's room, and knocked on the door. Edd opened it, smiling. Tord didn't return the smile, and walked in, sitting down on the bed.

Edd's smile dropped, and he looked confused

"Edd, we have to talk." Tord said, solemnly. Edd looked slightly worried, and sat down on the bed with Tord. Tord couldn't stand this. It was like being in a one-sided relationship, and Tord didn't want that for Edd. Edd deserved better than Tord.

"Okay.. This is.. difficult.. I want to break up." Tord said bluntly. He looked at Edd. Edd looked slightly shocked, and obviously sad. 

"I-I mean, I'll respect y-your decision.. but why..?" Edd asked. He looked like he was holding back tears. Tord gripped onto the end of his hoodie.

"I thought about it for a while. I found that I just like you. I don't love you. I hope that didn't sound too harsh.." Tord said, frowning. This was hard for him to do. 

"I-I understand." Tord looked at Edd. He had a pained smile on his face. That made Tord almost want to yell 'Just joking!' just so Edd would get that expression off of his face. 

"Did you find somebody that you do love?" Tord nodded slightly. Edd sighed, looking to the side. 

"It's for the better, I guess. I want you to be happy, even if I can't provide it.." Edd said, quietly. Tord almost cried. Edd really did care for him. 

"i'm sorry." Tord whispered quietly. He just didn't want to hurt Edd. Tord stood up, and left the room. He went into his room, and just sat on the bed, staring at the wall. It looked like he was in thought, but he wasn't. He was just trying not to cry. He did like Edd, but he just really couldn't feel genuine love for him. 

A few minutes of Tord sulking, a knock came at the door. 'please don't let it be Edd.' Tord thought. That'd be awkward.

"Come in" The door opened, and Matt walked in. He shut the door behind him. Matt came over, and sat on the bed next to Tord.

"What happened? Edd is sad, and you don't look too happy yourself." Matt said, getting straight to the point.

"I- um. I broke up with him." Tord said, fiddling with his sleeve. Matt looked slightly shocked. They both seemed so happy together. Apparently not.

"Was there a reason?" Tord nodded.

"I just didn't love him. I hope he'll be okay." Tord said, pulling his knees to his chest.

"Hey. He'll be fine. It might be a small inconvenience to him, but he'll push through. It's not like you were married. He'll find someone new, and no offense, but probably get over you really quickly. The only thing you can do, is try not to make it awkward, and be nice to him. Whether or not he's nice to you, that's his choice." Matt said, patting Tord's head. Matt got up, leaving Tord to his thoughts.

Surprisingly, Matt is a good therapist.