-10-

beep

beep

beep

beep

beep

Tom opened his eyes groggily. All he could hear was the insistent beeping. Tom groaned, unplugging the machine. Tom finally looked at his surroundings once he could actually think. 'Not my room.. Not my bed.. Not my house.. Not dead..? Oh. It makes sense now. I'm at the hospital. I don't care who found me, just as long as it isn't.. Matt..'

Tom caught sight of Matt, he looked terrible, and sleep deprived. Just then, a doctor came rushing in. He looked panicked, and disheveled. He saw Tom sitting up, and calmed down.

"Did you un-plug the machine?" He asked, Tom nodded. He sighed in relief. "It sent me an alarm, saying you were flat-lining." He said, pushing up his glasses. Tom nodded. Honestly, he kind of did hope he had flat lined. Tom heard shuffling from the other side of the room. When he turned to look, he was tackled by Matt.

The doctor set his clipboard on the nightstand next to the bed. He straightened his white coat, and left, closing the door. Matt turned to Tom tears flowing down his face. He hugged Tom tightly.

"Tom! I'm so glad that you're okay. Gosh, I thought I lost you." Matt said, getting tears in Tom's hair. Tom hugged him back lightly. Matt let go, and looked at his face. He sighed, hugging Tom again.

"Never. Try that again. Please." Matt whispered quietly. Tom stayed silent for a moment. Why should he promise Matt he wouldn't do that again? What would the difference make? It would make him happy, and that's about it. Isn't that worth it though? To make Matt happy. Even if it's a lie? Tom smiled at Matt weakly.

"I promise."

What a liar.