-19-

It was about a week after Tord broke up with Edd. Tom and Tord were making small origami swans. Or well- trying to. There were many pieces of ruined colored paper strewn about the floor. There were only two somewhat successful ones. They still had slightly crumpled wings, but you could tell that they were swans.

They were laying on their stomachs, in Tord's room. Tord sighed loudly, while making another swan. Tom looked up from his 'swan' at Tord.

"What's wrong?" Tom asked, looking at Tord with concern. Tord put his head down on the floor. Tom poked him softly. 

"I broke up with Edd last week. I thought Matt told you." Tord said, muffled into the carpet. Tom looked at him in surprise.

"How did I not notice until now?" Tom whispered, to mainly himself, but Tord heard. "And you know that Matt never tells anyone anything unless you say he can." Tom said, flinging a messed up swan at Tord. Tord looked at him, and smiled. He picked up a small pile of the origami swans, and dumped them on Tom. Tom laughed, and scurried away from Tord.

"No! I'll fight you!" Tom said, through giggles. Tord started laughing as well, while trying to shove swans down Tom's hoodie. 

"That's no fair, you'd obviously win!" Tord joked. He stopped trying to put swans in Tom's hoodie, and they calmed down. They sat in silence for a moment.

"Y-Y'know Tom. I broke up with Edd for a reason." Tord started nervously. Tom looked up at Tord with interest.

"I didn't love him. I did find someone that I love though." It was hard to detect, but Tord could see slight.. disappointment in Tom's eyes? Tom stayed silent so Tord could continue.

"W-Well, um. it was you." He whispered. "I realized, all that I could think about, was you. I didn't like dating Edd, because I'd rather be around you. That's when I realized. I love you."

Tord looked at Tom. All of that disappointment had immediately washed away, and was replaced with a wide smile.

"Wait, really?!" Tom asked, excitedly. Tord nodded, embarrassed. Tom started tearing up slightly.

"Honestly, you have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say those words." Tom said, wiping his eyes on his sleeve. Tord shuffled over, and hugged Tom tightly. He kissed the top of Tom's head lightly. Tom's face got very hot, and he was smiling. 'If this is a dream, please don't wake me up.'

"Tom. Will you date me?" Tord asked, looking at Tom. Tom looked up at Tord in disbelief. 

"Do you even need to ask me?! Of course!" Tom said, hugging Tord around the neck. Tom pulled back slightly, and kissed Tord. Tord felt so much different than when he was with Edd. He felt more.. right. He felt like this was what was supposed to happen. 

About an hour later, Tom had finished explaining his story to Matt. Matt was over the moon. He was so happy for Tom. He had been trying to get the two together for many years now, and he was finally seeing it happen.

"Tom! I'm so happy for you!" Matt said ecstatically, hugging Tom. Tom was smiling. From down the hallway, Edd sat in his room, listening to Matt and Tom.

Edd smiled.