Chapter 23 { Car accident }

Luna P.O.V

I opened my eyes panting for air. looking around me, it took me time to realize I am in my tent. But what was that pain I felt? It seems so real, was it only a nightmare?

My eyes widened as soon as I remembered the person I saw the dream about.

Asher!

I typed his number as I waited for his reply

Please answer, please...

" hi, Asher how are you ?" I asked as soon as he picked up the phone

" hi Luna I-I am fine how are you? Everything alright there ?" He asked, but his voice is not as Cheerful as usual

" you sure you are ok?" I asked once more praying, he will say he is alright and mean it

" I-i am I j-just had a hard day in work, nothing else.." I could barely hear his voice

" then why didn't you rest? you know how bad it is to overwork your self? " I only heard "hmm" in respond

" Asher tell me where are you ?"

" Asher?" I asked once more, the phone still on but no one is talking. what does that mean? Is he ok?

" Asher answer me, damn it !" That is it, last line of my calmness was cut off, I quickly took Jenny's phone as I try to find Mason's number

" Jenny damn it! Which contact is Mason number " I shouted at now sleeping Jenny, she sat down with a terrified look on her face

" what- what is wrong ?" She asked

" tell me which contact is Mason, now "

" ok, it is 'my love', just call that," she said and I immediately found it and called him

" hi love-" I heard Mason, but I cut him off

" Mason it is me, Luna, can you do me a favor please ?" I asked all in one breath

" sure Luna, what is it ?" He replied

" it's A-Asher... I just called him and the phone cut off. his voice sounded so tired, he said that he just had a hard day. could you please find him and inform me right away ?" I am trying hard not to cry, i have such a bad feeling.

" of course Luna, I will call you soon," he said and soon he hanged up
______________________________
Mason P.O.V

As soon as I hang up the phone, I mind-linked alpha

' alpha can you hear me? is there something wrong ? Where are you now ?' Just knowing his place is enough, even if he is in danger I can get there soon,please answer me.

' N-near the m-main road o-of the f-forest ' He said and before I could ask further the
mind-link was cut.

Damn it!

I got out of my house quickly, I got in my car start driving towards where he said he was. the moment I get there I would be able to smell his scent, so there won't be any problem in finding him.

As soon as I got to the main road my eyes widened. there was a car on fire, seems like it just got exploded. and if I am not mistaken that car looks just like alpha's car.

I quickly got out of my car, sniffing the air I could smell blood which is such a bad sign. following it, it lead me to the only person I wish it wouldn't lead me to.

Asher was there, sitting in the ground with his back resting on a tree behind him. his face was covered in blood, I could smell blood all over him. I was quickly by his side, shaking his shoulders softly.

" Asher, can you hear me? If you can please don't close your eyes, ok? think of something to disturb you from losing conscious, ok ?" I said loudly, making sure he gonna hear me.

I slowly put one of his arms around my shoulder, so I can help him to get to my car.

I heard a small chuckle from the person beside me

" I-I am n-not dead yet, no n-need to tell me
t-that " yeah sure master, you are not dead yet, but nearly dead counts.

I could only sigh, after we got to my car, I opened the backseat door for him before helping him get into the back seat. I got in as well and started driving.

" h-how did you... find me..?" He asked as he tried to sit straight

" keep laying, don't sit straight and Luna called me " I don't know what I would do, if Luna didn't inform, he might have been in more danger.

" s-shit the phone... I couldn't talk.. with her anymore, s-she might be worried n-now " he said and I nodded,

" she is, I said I will call her later to tell her what happened, now don't talk ok? You might bleed even more. we will be there in no time " he didn't say anything, I was thankful he did listen to me this time.

After we get to the pack hospital and he got into the emergency room. I decided to call Luna, but there is a serious problem here. If I tell her the truth she might decide to come back. And then what? She can't just come into the pack hospital. What can I do? She might be so worried now as well.

I know Asher will be alright, He is stronger than this, but I can't lie to Luna either.

aish! I am dead! I will wait till I'll be sure Asher is 100% alright, so I can be at ease while telling her.
___________________________

Luna P.O.V

Its been 4 hours and still no call from mason. I am about to lose all my energy I swear, Jon and Jenny are trying to calm me down, but it is not working not even a bit.

I saw Jenny's phone light up I wasted no time picking it up

" oh my god! Mason, I almost have a heart attack! what happened? how is Asher ?" I asked panicking.

" calm down Luna it is fine, Asher just um had a little accident and he is fine now. doctor said he must rest for a few days to gain full health back " I felt as all my energy left my body all at once, I sat down on the bed behind me not being able to stand anymore.

"W-what..?" I can't believe it ...

" Don't worry Luna, we are taking care of him-"

" c-can you please tell me which hospital he will be staying at..?" I asked

" huh? oh no! he requested to go home tonight, so you can say his house will be his hospital...? hehe.. " he said I nod although he couldn't see me...

" I-I I'll be there soon " without any other word I hang up not wanting to lose any more energy in arguing now.

"Luna? You ok?" I heard Jenny. I look up seeing her and Jon standing in front of me with a worried expression, I just shook my head

I am anything but ok right now

" come let's go back," she said I could only nod, I slowly stood up.

" I will go bring the car here and explain it to your teachers, ok? You two wait here, I will
Be back soon" we both nodded at Jon's words, he got out of the tent to bring the car

" it is gonna be ok don't worry, ok? The doctor won't let someone go home if that person is in danger, ok?" Jenny said as she hugged me softly. I was afraid I will start crying if I say anything, so I kept my silence.

never in my life I thought of losing someone, but tonight taught me time can't be trusted, don't get mad at someone important to you, because you don't know what next second might bring.

I didn't talk with him since yesterday,
now... what would I have done, if actually something worse happened to him..?
I wouldn't have a chance to ask for forgiveness, this would have eaten me up for rest of my life. everyone makes mistake, but better to correct them in the right time before it is way too late.

Jon came back, he told us that he told the teacher and he agreed. so we can go back now, we got inside his car and he started to drive. I only sat in the back seat, resting my head on the window as I watched trees went by, counting seconds to get there and apologize.