Chapter four

Another update! Vote and comment a lot❤️❤️💜
Co author: Jinismyfirstlove

MEERA'S POV

"So Jungkook..."

I said and looked at the boy who had his head hung low. He slowly looked up to meet my eyes.

"Y-yes noona?"

I decided to tutor Jeon Jungkook. It was a little awkward for me because he was older than me. But things turned out that way and I asked him to call me 'Noona." It might give me a sense of authority. I tried my best to keep it professional and not focus on that aspect.

I talked to his father about that. I didn't want to but then..

Flashback

"No. He is a grown-"

"Jungkook wait in the living room." Mr. Jeon cut me off. When the other two guys left the room, I looked at the father who had a soft expression on his face.

"Mr. Jeon. He is older than me. I would feel really uncomfortable teaching him. This place is deserted and there is no woman in this house. Please understand my concern." I said hoping that he would understand my point of view.

"Miss Meera, Jungkook isn't that type of a guy. He is an introvert and really innocent. Due to some reasons and his sensitive personality he couldn't go to a normal school."

"But you could hire someone else. It's really fishy that you want me as your son's tutor."

I'm gonna stand on my point. I tend to doubt things. I've lived alone for a long time and trusting people is something I don't do easily.

"We could but as I told you he is really sensitive to people. His previous tutor physically and mentally abused him. I don't want that to happen again. Since you're almost the same age as him you could understand him better."

His voice was soft and laced with desperation. It souded as if he was begging me.

"But it will be uncomfortable for me." I said. It will be awkward.

"You could teach him in the living room. We'll provide you with all the facilities. And trust me, my son is really an innocent kid. Just treat him as if he is younger than you. He is your student after all. You have full authority over him. He'll listen to you."

I was about to show more of my concerns when he stood up from his chair. He walked up to me and kneeled.

"Please." He was literally begging. My heart softened. I immediately held his shoulders and made him stand up.

"Mr. Jeon. Please refrain yourself from doing this again. You're my father's age."

"Okay. I will tutor your son." I accepted his offer. What could I have done when he begged like that. I'm not that heartless and cruel.

He smiled ear to ear. "Really?" I nodded.

"Oh thank you so much. Just tell me anything you need, I'll provide you with the best of thi-"

"Mr. Jeon, just timely payments and a job are enough for me."

"And don't worry yourself. Just make sure he gets around 70%. Don't pressure him too."

"Okay."

Flashback over

"Name the subject you hate the most." I said.

He played with his fingers. We were both seated in the living room on the floor with our backs against the couch. All the study material was on the table as I sat on his adjacent side of the table.

"Be comfortable and tell me." He was hesitant as he shifted in his place. His black bangs covered a part of his eyes.

"M-math." Mr. Jeon was right. His experience with his previous tutor has negatively affected him.

"So we will start off with Math." He snapped his head in my direction. His eyes widened as he shockingly looked at me. The look of betrayal. I knew that he expected me not to start with the hated subject first.

"You need to get over that hate of yours. Don't worry I'll begin with an easy topic." He hesistantly nodded his head. I need to work harder to make him open up to me. Or else it will be difficult for both of us.

I started explaining the first topic.

"Did you get it?" I asked after explaining the first topic. He nodded. "Then do this question." I gave him a question to solve and patiently waited for him.

He fiddled with the pen and blankly stared at the question. He slowly looked at me.

"Sorry n-noona." Then he looked at his lap, and moved away a little as his hands which were on his lap, turned into fists in a defensive manner. He closed his eyes and sat stiff.

Is he expecting me to hit him? What kind of a tutor did he have back then?

"Jungkook?" I called him softly. He fluttered his eyes open. He looked at me with a hint of fear in his eyes. "Y-yes?"

"I purposely explained that topic vaguely Jungkook." The fear in his eyes was replaced by confusion. His slowly unclenched his fists.

"I wanted to know if you will ask me more about it or be honest with me. I asked you if you got it or not. You nodded."

"Be honest with me. Okay? I don't mind explaining one topic again and again. But I want you to tell me so that I can help you." I genuinely smiled at him to ease him up.

He showed me a small smile and nodded. Way to go Meera.

"Now in this question..." I started explaining him the topic carefully, bit by bit.

"N-Noona?" I stopped writing at looked at him.

"Hmm?" He pointed at the formula that I had just written.

"I-I didn't get... th-this part.." Why is he stuttering so much? I'm trying to be as nice as possible but he is still afraid of me.

Meera relax. It's our first class today.

"Sorry." He said when I didn't say anything. He then looked away.

"There is nothing to be sorry about. I'll explain it again. Don't worry." I smiled at him. I was glad that he asked me something. At least he tried.

"You'll ex-explain it a-again?"

"You didn't get it right? My job is to make sure you understand these stuffs. I am happy that you asked me a doubt." He innocently looked at me.

It feels as if I'm tutoring a ten year old. His bunny teeth and doe eyes made him look younger than he actually was. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be.

"Okay so you have to divide this term by two and..."
.
.
.

I stretched my arms when we completed the first excercise. I saw Jungkook as he kept the next subject's book on top while keeping the Math book aside. He cutely opened the book's first page.

He held the bottom right corner of the book with his right hand and flipped the page with his left hand. Just like a kid. Then he looked at me expectantly.

"What?" I said. He pointed to the book. "Next subject? We sh-should start."

"Jungkook. Its break time. We studied Math for an hour and a half. According to Science we should take small study breaks in between to freshen ourselves. You could do whatever you want right now."

"Ca-can I go to my room?"

"Okay. Be back in fifteen minutes." I said and rested my head on the couch. He stood up and bowed before leaving.

This kid is too formal. He is surely an innocent baby. I was worried for no reason.

_______________
A/N: do you find the story interesting? let me know:))

Do vote and comment a lot :))