Chapter eighteen

Hey lovelies. Hope you guys are doing well. Do vote and comment ❤️🌸

Co author: Jinismyfirstlove
______________________

MEERA'S POV

"So here the poetess is stressing on the fact that her mother is old and one day she might die. At this moment.. look at this line.. through this line we get to know that the poetess realised that her mother is nearing her death. The bright world outside their vehicle is in contrast to her old age."

Today we decided to study literature. We often focus on other practical subjects and forget about literature.

"Oh." Jungkook's mouth formed an 'o' shape when he understood the real meaning of the poem. But after a few seconds his expression hardened. His eyes stared at each and every word on the paper.

It didn't take me long to realise that he was thinking about his mother.

I licked my dry lips not knowing what to do. I didn't what to say to comfort him. I didn't even know if I should comfort him or not. I let him be for some time and waited for him.

"I don't know if I can relate to this poem." He said. I could sense the heaviness in his voice.

"Neither can I."

He turned to face me with a guilt struck expression. He opened his mouth to something but I shook my head with a smile.

"It's okay. You didn't know. But you have to agree that it's a beautiful poem."

He nodded at my words and focused on the poem as I looked for the related questions. I placed them before him. "Go through these before bed. Mark all your doubts and ask me tomorrow." He nodded and kept the sheet aside.

"Now let's take a small break. We'll do History next. Okay?"

"Okay Noona." He then stood up and went to his room. I nodded at Yoongi before he left to give me some space.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the couch. It was quite hectic today. And the thought of washing dirty clothes later frightened me.

I was busy contemplating whether to wash clothes or not when the aroma of coffee filled my nostrils. I took a big sniff and smiled. I can't believe my imagination is this strong. I was just imagining about having coffee tonight and now I'm already smelling it. I have some next level powers.

"Noona?"

I opened an eye to see Jungkook seated at his place with a mug in his hand. He extended that mug in my direction.

"I don't know your taste but I tried my best." My heart warmed up at his gesture. He is really sweet. I gave him a big smile and thanked him. I sipped the coffee and it was slightly bitter for my taste.