Chapter twenty one

MEERA'S POV

"Bye Soobin. Take care."

I picked up my bag and made my way to the bus stand. I smiled to myself remembering what happened when Jungkook and I almost kissed.

He caught a cold.

It's been ten days since that incident took place and one week since we last saw each other. He went to Japan for a small vacation with his family. It was Beomgyu's birthday and they wanted it to be special this year.

The only family I have is Hobi. And he's the only family I need.

I got off at an unfamiliar neighbourhood and looked around for someone.

"Miss Meera?" I turned to my right to see a middle aged woman. She smiled at me. "Hello. My name is Mrs. Jung Jae Hee. We talked on the phone earlier."

"Oh yes. Hello." I bowed and smiled. She then took me around the neighbourhood a little before finally taking me to small building. I followed her inside to the first floor.

"Come here." She opened the door and there I saw a beautiful empty space. I walked around as she told me all the essential details. It had a small living room, one bedroom, kitchen, washroom and even a small balcony. I stood there and enjoyed the warm sunlight.

The neighbourhood was peaceful with people living there and not gangsters or drug addicts or alcoholic or loan sharks.

The best thing about this place was this sunlight which I never think I saw at my home. It felt warm and cozy. I was already imagining how it would look like with our things here.

"So are you planning to move in with someone?" She asked while raising her eyebrows and following me inside. I decided to play a little and nodded.

"Someone very special to me."

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Beomgyu threw the game controller aside. He lost again. I stretched my hand to ruffle his hair.

"Someday you'll beat me. And that someday will never come." I laughed as he stood up from the beanbag and lied face first on the bed.

"Why do you have to be good at everything you do hyung? At least let me be good at playing games."

His muffled voice only made me laugh more. When his mother was here, we couldn't even be like the brothers we are today. She made sure I was away from her son. We did spend some time together when she wasn't in the house but then we had to pretend to be strangers which hurt both of us.

Being an older brother I had to be the wise one. I had to tell him that it would be alright. Every time his mother tortured me, he would cry with me, for me. And it broke my heart.

I'm glad that things are better now. We are here for each other. Forever.

"Hyung~" he turned to his side. "Do send me the pictures by tomorrow. I need to get them printed soon."

"I'll transfer the pictures to my laptop first. Father asked for them too."

The vacation was great. All of us needed those few days off. But I missed Noona. Although I don't know if I'll be able to face her tomorrow or not. It was so embarrassing. We were so close and I ended up sneezing on her.

Gives her more of the reason to think of me as a kid who caught cold from a mere rain.

"What are thinking about?"

A deep voice startled me. I saw Tae hyung sitting next to Beomgyu as they both looked at me with narrowed eyes.

I gulped and looked away. "N-nothing."

Tae hyung smirked. His eyes were on me as he asked Beomgyu to leave us for a while. "Why~" he stomped his foot. "I want to be a part of the conversation and know what you guys are up to!"

"Want me to give you sex education too?" Tae hyung causally said those words as Beomgyu's and my ears turned red. His face turned red too and he froze.

"I-I umm. I should b-better go." He ran out of the room at a lightening speed afraid to have an adult conversation.

"It always works." Tae hyung said and closed the door before turning to me with a teasing look.

"Thinking about Meera I see."

I rapidly shook my head as a 'no'. But his smirk grew wider. I ended up sighing loudly. "Tell me what's up. I can help you, you know." He said with his smirk being replaced by a warm smile.

I had no option but to tell him. Wait. I had an option but I wanted to let him know. He is like a big brother to me. He can definitely help me. He has always helped me.

I took a deep breath before speaking.

"She sees me as a kid. I'm mean that I'm obviously older than her. I..at least want her to see me as a man and not a boy."

I lowered my voice at the last part. I don't know why but it was sort of a whine. And men don't whine.

"That's it? It isn't even a problem Jungkook."

I widened my eyes as Tae hyung said it so calmly. Like it was nothing. He stood up and pushed the bean bag I was sitting on closer to the mirror. "Gosh you're heavy."

Before I could protest he spoke. "You just need to change your look first. See. Like this."

He parted my bangs to the sides to make my brows visible. I looked kinda scary but mature. I didn't know that I had it in me. I didn't look like a baby.

All I needed was to part my bangs? Is it that simple?

"Intimidate her." He said as he looked me in the eye through the mirror.

"How?"

He smirked.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"ARRGH!"

I growled after hurling a chair to the opposite wall. I was mad. And the madness was consuming me. It was eating me alive. I screamed again and threw another dining chair to the wall.

The only way to calm down was to drain myself as much as I could. I didn't stop till the whole house was a mess.

I HATE JUNGKOOK! I HATE HIM! I WANT HIM DEAD!

The anger turned into tears when my eyes landed on a picture frame. Two boys were smiling. They looked happy. They were happy. It was the most beautiful time for them.

I picked up the frame and cried my eyes out. My hand traced the smaller boy with an eye smile which could melt any cold heart. I cried till I could cry no more.

"I miss you my best friend.. my soulmate."

_________________________
You have all the right to be mad at me for not updating sooner. 🙈
I have a plot in mind for this story. If you guys have any idea do message me. I might add or mix it up a bit for more spice. 💜💜
Keep voting and commenting lovelies.