Chapter twenty

MEERA'S POV

"Why are you so cute?"

I held my head wanting to pull all my hair. The people in the bus looked at me weirdly but I didn't care. How did I blurt it out like that?!

I sighed and leaned back properly. I pat my back, assuring myself that I smoothly got out of it. After saying that he was cute I smiled at him and casually changed the topic of our conversation.

"It's okay. It's okay. It isn't a big deal."

I said to myself and tried to calm down. It wasn't a big deal. Yes yes. It wasn't. I smiled and then sighed again.

Soon I reached my place and a smile formed on my face when it started to rain. Glad I'm on time. I shook my head after seeing the lock on Hobi's door. He's out with his dance friends tonight. Good for him. Having fun.

I went inside and did my routine which included cleaning the place, doing the dishes and getting ready for bed. I moved my neck in different directions to relax. The sound of the rain worked like an ASMR. My eye lids began closing as I could feel sleep coming to me.

"Finally."

The warmth feeling of my blanket is my favourite. I was all cosy and smiley till a frown appeared on my face. A knock interrupted my cosy moment. I lazily stood up and opened the door, only to widen my eyes in surprise.

"J-Jungkook?"

He stood at the gates with a nervous smile with his hair and clothes all wet. My eyes widened worried that he might get sick.

"Come inside! Quickly change your clothes!" I ran to Hobi's place to get some fresh clothes for him. My tiredness was all gone. As I looked for clothes I picked up the hot chocolate powder.

While he changed his clothes I made hot chocolate for us. I'm not going to be sleeping anytime soon might as well drink it and enjoy the weather.

"Noona?"

I 'hmmed' and placed the cups on the floor and next to the mattress. He was seated on the mattress with his wet hair. By the looks of it I'm sure he doesn't know why he came here. Just like the last time.

"You're really not scared of me right?" His eyes focused on my expressions and movements to see if I'm telling the truth or not. I simply smiled at him and took a clean towel to dry his hair.

"You'll get sick. Drink while it's hot." I handed him the mug and went on my knees to dry his hair. I could feel him stiffen for a moment but gradually relaxed.

He is innocent and cute. I'm sure that I'm not scared of him now. More than that, I'm scared for him.

"You sneaked out again?"

He nodded at my question. I took a place next to him as we both fell into a comfortable silence.

"Do you miss your parents?" He asked after a while, his eyes looking at the mug in his hands while I looked at his cute nose.

"Of course I do. I don't have many memories with them but I do miss them a lot. That's the only thing I could do."

I reached out for my bag and took out my wallet. I always kept my parents wedding picture in it.

"Look." He turned to me and saw the picture. "You look like your mother." I smiled at his observations.

"I miss my mother a lot. I know that I've never met her or seen her but reading her diary tells me a lot about her. Like what she likes or how she perceived a situation."