Chapter twenty two

MEERA'S POV

"This is the last one!"

I said enthusiastically seeing that we only had to open the last box. Hobi and I finally shifted to the new place I saw earlier. The paperwork was done easily, all thanks to Mr Jeon. His name works everywhere.

Hobi came out of our room with a duster in his hands. "The room's done. Our mattresses can now be folded and be placed against the wall. I can't believe I don't do these things as a profession. I could've earned a lot more."

I laughed at his small joke as he helped with the last box. It was all done. We officially shifted to a better place. I didn't want to live alone knowing Hobi lived by himself. He sort of raised me after my father died. I couldn't just leave him alone in that apartment and live here peacefully.

I took a day off. Both at the company and from the tutoring session.

"It's all done. We did it!" Hobi jumped to me and gave me a high five. We both stood near the entrance and saw the whole place. It wasn't that decorated. We barely had things but it turned out to be just as we expected.

We looked at each other with a look that said we made it. Just don't get emotional.

"I'll make something for us to eat

"I'll make something for us to eat. You go and take a shower first." I said while going towards the kitchen.

"Okay then." He was walking away while taking off his sweaty T-shirt when the doorbell rang.

Confusion took over us. "Did you invite someone?" I asked him when he tilted his head as if remembering something.

"I just told one guy about it. I don't think he'll come here without any invitation?"

The doorbell rang again and he went to open it in a hurry. You shouldn't keep a guest waiting. I have a guest! But then he closed it.

"Who was it?" I asked from the kitchen. There was some squeaking noise so I decided to see for myself.

And there he was. Kim Taehyung.