Chapter twenty five

Flashback

JIMIN's POV

"You feel bad don't you?"

Taehyung said as I continued to look at the brown envelope in my hand. That girl didn't take it. She threw the money.

"You should've said a nice 'thank you'. Who even told you to bring money to her?" He asked while rolling on my bed and sliding next to me.

"Mother did. She said that a girl was roaming alone at night means that she is poor. Or else she would've had a driver with her. She fought the kidnapper that meant she isn't brought up to be ladylike. She would need money more than anything."

I never agreed to this at first but she brainwashed me for whole two hours. All my life she's told me that money is important. That's what people want.

"Jimin-ah.." I finally took my eyes off the envelope and looked at my best friend. My mother doesn't like Taehyung but she approved of our friendship because his family is rich itself. He wouldn't do dirty tricks to take money from me.

"That girl risked her life to save a complete stranger. You told me right that she didn't even let that man harm you, instead she was the one with bruises. Do you really think that that girl with such a heart will take money for the good deed she did? A simple 'thank you' might've been enough."

I shook my head.

"I know my friend that you feel bad enough for that. So go tomorrow and apologise."

"Will she forgive me?"

He smacked my head. "Of course she will!"

The next day I stood in front of her school, waiting for her. Mr Jung, my bodyguard found her school because of her school dress. I can't believe that she is in middle school.

I saw her walking out the gates with a friend. How I wish Taehyung was next to me for some sort of moral support. How am I supposed to do this?

"Hey." I nervously waved my hand but she flipped her hair and walked past me. Uh-oh..

I turned around and ran to stand in front of her. She widened her eyes but quickly looked away.

"Can we talk? Please?"

She sighed and then asked her friend to go first. Okay then.

"Let's go to that park near the bus stop?" I suggested with an awkward grin. She didn't say anything but started walking ahead to the park. I quietly followed her.

The whole way I was preparing my little speech which included both 'thank you' and 'sorry' .

When we reached the park, she turned around making me stop on my tracks and then tapped her foot impatiently. "So what do you want?"

"I..umm.."

"I don't have all day."

"I'm sorry." I slowly looked up to look into her eyes. "I'm sorry for the last time. I shouldn't have judged you like that. I'm truly sorry. And thank you for saving me." I took out a small pouch from my pocket and gave it to her.

She hesitantly took it. Tae and I bought a plain silver bracelet for her from a roadside stall.

"Its beautiful." She said and wore it on her left wrist. She extended her hand for a handshake.

"I'm Meera."

"Park Jimin." We shook our hands and smiled at each other. I then took out some cute bandaids for her. She got hurt because of me. She gladly took them.