| 8 |

Sunday rolled around and I am waiting for Jake inside my car at his driveway. I texted him that I'm already outside and he 'K-ed' me.

Few minutes later, I watched as he stumbled outside his door and went inside my car, a smile spread across his face.

"Morning," he cheered and asked, "how do I look? Whoa, I'm asking you 'cause we really are going to a richies house and they would probably judge me by how I'm dressing, whatever."

I eyed him, scanning the black leather jacket he was wearing with a white tee inside and a black ripped jeans. And what caught my eyes is the one shining at his ears, making me to gestured my hands at my ear, "You wear. . . piercings?"

He nodded and frowned, "I've been wearing it every day. I thought you know it already."

"I didn't realize you wear one" I said, still surprised. "does it hurts?"

He laughed. "Oh? It doesn't hurt. But it hurts for people who wears earrings for the first time."

I imagined my ears have it's first hole and I winced. Does it hurt?

"Are you a bad boy when you're in highschool? You really seemed like one of it." I questioned.

"I don't know. . . Most people thought I'm a bad boy but I'm not. I just have the bad boy appearance." he explained. "and also, it's rare to see a badboy to get a straight A's right? Weird, I know."

I gave him a confused look, "No, it's normal for me."

"Why?" Jake said.

"I don't know but let's just say you're attractive and the smartness you have doesn't suits you so well" I stated. Jake just nod his head, agreeing at what I was saying and I sighed, "let's go, we must me there at sharp twelve."

And I don't even know how my mom's gonna react at Jake's appearance.

"Yeah" he said, "can't wait to see the place where you've grown up."

I buckled my seatbelt and started to drove my car to the house where I used to live seven years ago.

Jake talked about his upcoming exams and all shit he's having at college. He even made a joke and I focused on the road, turning to the curb, at the gate which leads us to the private place. The gate only open at seven in the morning till ten at night. This place is protected and really is strict.

"Why is the neighborhood so quiet?" Jake suddenly asked when we were passing houses that is practically empty but has people in it.

"I don't know. . . This place is where. . .people who always has business trips live" I answered, shrugging.

"Where's your house then?"

"Just wait. We'll arrive there in a minute" I said.

When I noticed we're near to my house, I tightened my grip on the steering wheel, suddenly thinking about the words that my parents had spilled to me before.

"You looked nervous" I heard Jake says.

I shared a glance with him and said, "Yeah, a little."

I turned to the right which is at the very corner of the town and started to drove past the tall trees that has fresh green leaves which makes the way look more welcoming.

We reached to the huge stoned gate which is where the front entrance is.

"It's a mansion" Jake stated.

"It's just a huge house" I said.

"No, it isn't a huge house. It's a mansion. Wait, look, there's even a security" Jake said, amazed and pointed at the man guarding the gate which I supposed to be the security.