| 14 |

"This is the first time I heard a motel that has lacks of room," Bryan said, sighing.

Since our destination is too long, like Will had said, it maybe took two to three days, we need to stay at a motel for one day.

And the motel only has two rooms left because most rooms needs to be renewed and it was delayed.

I hate when things get delayed.

Will and Bryan will shared a room and I'll share with Jake. One room, one bed.

GAH..

Will took Bryan's hand and said, "Bye. Night guys!" before disappearing to their room.

Bryan offered us a smile and mouthed, "See you around."

I was left with Jake at the corridor.

I looked up at Jake and he looked back. I blushed but he maybe didn't see it because I'm hiding in the darkness. The lights were so dim that we only can set half of our face and the other half is shadowed.

"It's late, we better go sleep," Jake said.

I nodded then shrugged, "Sure."

I pulled out the card and scanned it at the door before it opened. We already set our beds when we came so all we have to do is sleep.

I changed into my pajamas and washed my face before sleep. I sighed, wiping my face and walked out of the toilet and was about to say something but I was distracted.

Jake was on the bed, on the left side.

Topless.

Shirtless.

Half naked?

Ugh.

My jaw dropped.

He was... -I didn't expect him to have abs. I think he work out a little.

What made me frown is... He caught me staring.

Jake smirked.

I think of a topic and blurt it out, "Aren't you cold? Especially in night time."

"No?"

Shudders

"I sleep like this, why Connor?"

I shrugged. "Nothing."

"Anyways, you look cute in pajamas."

I shrugged, glancing down on my blue pajamas. "Whatever. I sleep like this too."

He patted the space beside him and I sat on the right side of the bed where Jake had patted. I started to cover myself inside the blanket, ignoring Jake's gaze.

"Night," I said and switched off the lamp.

I turned my back to him, didn't want to face him. Until Jake said, "Are you scared of me?"

"No."

"Then why are you avoiding me..?" Jake asked, his voice cracked at the end.

"I don't know.." I breathed, "I can't have you yet."

"I'll break up with Emily when she's back, okay?"

"I don't wanna ruin a relationship, Jake." I sighed.

"She needed a break up. She cheated. I cheated."

I sat up and he went closer, peeking out on me. I can see his face without the lights on. And his face is full of hope.