| 23 |

"Connor," Jake said, now standing in front of me.

I haven't seen him for three years. He hasn't change, not even his hairstyle, not even..him himself.

My heart was beating so fast, I was so nervous that we just...met here, on the busy sidewalk, after a long time. And I tried my best not to puke or having a panic attack.

Really? Now?

Everything's gonna be alright. It's not like he wants to eat you or something. There's nothing to be scared of.

I glanced at his face and averted my eyes away, not wanting to make an eye contact with him, I breathed, "Hi, Jake."

"What about me?" I looked up at Wyatt who was standing beside Jake, he had his hair dyed purple now. And I am not surprised because he likes dying his hair.

"Hi?" I said.

"Sorry that I haven't visit you for a long time—" Wyatt started to babble but I cut him.

"It's okay." I said lowly, "what brings you here?"

"I came for a visit and saw Jake at the airport and we decide to see you at your apartment." Wyatt explained.

"I don't live there anymore."

Jake was first to react. He had a sad expression but he's too fast covering his face with a fake smile.

"Oh," Wyatt replied. "anyways, I have something to tell you, let's have a drink?"

"Sorry but I need to head somewhere else." I refused politely.

He nodded. "Okay.. Next time then. I need to go to the restroom, please excuse me."

I watched as Wyatt disappeared to a public restroom and I awkwardly glanced at Jake who was staring at me the whole time.

"So..." I said, "where were we?"

"You never reply to my texts." Jake said.

"That was three years ago, it doesn't matter anymore."

"You even changed your number so you can get away from me, from us."

"What is your problem, Jake?!" I asked loudly, clenching my fist tightly on my side.

"I'm just.." he sighed, "I—"

"Seriously, what do you fucking want?"

Say that you want me, Jake.

"I'm sorry, Connor." He blurted out of sudden.

I don't want that.

I squinted my eyes at him, "What?"

"Uh.. Nothing, uh, I...—ugh, fuck it." he groaned and crashed his lips on mine.

I just stay still, I really have the urge to kiss him back but something hold me back.

You weren't with him, Connor.

I pushed him away, "Jake, no!"

Jake backed away a little step from me, "I.. I'm sorry, Connor, I am so sorry. I know it's not enough but—"

"Please stop." I said, "you can't just kiss me."

But I like it.

"I know and I'm sorry." He said.

"Not now, Jake.." I shook my head at him, "I thought we both moved on."

"No." Jake replied.

I stared at him, I'm glad.

But I need to go. I turned my back to him and walked away towards my car.

I rested my forehead on my steering wheel as I got inside, I touched my lips, where Jake had kissed earlier.

His touches, his kisses, everything about him.

I missed him.

I missed him so fucking much.

----

"So you bumped into Jake..." My mom repeated what I'd said to her earlier, "and he kissed you...and he said sorry then you walked away..?"

"Yes, mom, yes.." I mumbled, groaning after that.

I leaned back on the couch I'm sitting on and rest my hands on my stomach as my mom watched, nodding her head slowly while recalling everything.

Mom is so slow at this.

"Why did you walked away?" Mom asked, raising her eyebrows.

"Because I got to head home?" I asked.

She frowned, "You should talk to him, Daniel, I'm serious, talk to him."

Dad walked in the living room and the both of me and mom looked up at him, dad made a confused face and said, "What?"

"Nothing." Me and mom answered in unison and we exchanged glances after that.

Dad threw his hands up in the air, "Okay, fine, you guys are weird, I better go and continue my work."

"No, you can join us, darling, we're just talking about Jake," mom said and my dad narrowed his eyes at us, "Daniel bumped into Jake earlier."

Dad seemed interested in our conversation so he sat down on the coach beside mom, dad looked at me, "What's up?"

"The sky." I replied.

Mom laughed.

Dad scowls. "Seriously, Daniel, what happened?"

I shrugged, "We bumped into each other. Wyatt was with him though—"

"Your old tutor?" dad asked.

I nodded and continued, "We..talked? And when Wyatt excused himself to use the bathroom, Jake kissed me."

"Ah.. Sick moves," dad interjected, "Daniel, son, it's obvious, he still wants you."

"Yeah," mom agreed, smiling sheepishly at me. "you both still need one another."

I looked at my palms and muttered, "I just thought we both had moved on. This is so complicated."

"Nah," dad said. "it's just your feelings that makes you feel its complicated."

I sink in his words for a seconds, I looked at my parents and said, "Is it love?"

My parents seem taken aback with my question, they both raised their eyebrows and my mom spoke up first, "Love is a strong word, Daniel, you're a grown up man...but you need to trust love."

"Your affection towards Jake might be love but you had to question yourself first." Dad said.

"What should I question myself?" I asked softly because I need to start taking people's word inside.

"Ask yourself about what do you like most about him, why do you like him, how you feel about him. Why is that all happening?"

I shrugged.

I don't know..

"It's not only your feelings, Daniel, you need to know Jake's feelings too. Think about it and talk to him."

Maybe I should stop being selfish.

I need to know Jake's feelings too.

And talk.

Because love is strong.