| 18 |

Hugo Boss

"This place sells hella expensive clothes, Mrs Watson." Jake said as we entered the place.

Shopping isn't really my thing and I don't really know how to pick stuffs. I wish that I could just wear hoodies for the wedding ceremony.

Do we really have to be formal?

Connor, we need to show respect to other people.

"Drop the formalities, Jake. How many times should I tell you not to call me Mrs Watson but Bennet?"

Jake scratched his head and laughed nervously before replying, "I.. I just—I don't really call someone's parents using their names and.."

My mom just raised her perfect eyebrows and frowned a little, "Bennet is fine. You're acceptance."

"I'll try" Jake responded. "but thanks."

I rubbed my arms up and down, looking around the displayed tuxedos. Nothing caught my eyes nor my attention.

For me, almost all of them are the same, only colors are different.

Qualities? Textures? I don't know much about this.

"So anything caught your attention, guys?" mom asked after a few minutes of thinking and looking with one of the worker trailing behind us.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked at Jake.

"I.. I don't wanna be a burden. I can just wear my old—"

"Oh no no no," mom cut him, swatting her hands up and down. "Jake, you are not a burden. It's my treat. Never say no to me."

"What's the wedding theme?" I asked.

"Blue" mom answered after pulling out an invitation card I supposed was Dylan's wedding.

"Then we go on red," I claimed.

Mom blinked at me and Jake pushed his hair back.

"What?" I said.

"Since when are you good at picking colors?"

It just came up.

"Dunno" I murmured, shrugging my shoulders.

"All you wear is the boring black hoodie almost everyday."

I stuffed my hands inside my pocket, waving off their critics and turned to the worker who followed us everywhere we go, his name was Zach since his tag shows me that. "Recommend me some red colored tux."

"The best one," my mom added.

"Oh? Can you please show me your girlfriend's dress for an example before recommending what's the best?" Zach asked, smiling widely.

We all went silent, including Zach with his confused face glancing at us one by one.

"Girlfriend?" I blurted

"Yes..." Zach trailed, glancing at my mother, "aren't you guys a couple or something?"

My mom sighed and politely said, "I am his mother."

"Oh"

"They," mom said again, hand gesturing at me and Jake, "are boyfriends and we're searching for the best recommendations here."

Zach flushed in embarrassment, muttering an apology. "I'm so sorry."

"It's cool." I said

Zach told us to wait and walked away to other section. Jake, mom and me shared glances and laughed.