| 16 |

It has been two days after the water slide thing.

I smiled at myself and squinted my eyes as the ray of sunshine slid through the curtains.

I felt an arm wrapped around my waist and a leg on my hip.

"Morning," Jake mumbled sleepily

I chuckled at him, playing his hair, rolling them up with my finger, "Someone is lazy today."

His eyes were still closed but he smiled, showing off his white teeth. "I want to stay with you forever."

I cringed at that but get along, "I don't."

"You like me" Jake pouted

"I do"

"Stay with me?"

"No."

"Shower together then?"

I scrunched my nose, made a throw up face.

"No."

"Come o—"

Knock! Knock!

His eyes fell open with his head raised up. He glanced at my back and slumped back down, groaning, "Fucking Bryll."

---

We're on our way home and everyone seemed to be asleep except for Bryan who was driving, listening to his music, wearing his airpod.

I didn't bother to talk or disturb him. I noticed that I haven't check on my phone since the day we're staying at the motel.

I guaranteed that there will be some messages and stuff.

Once I opened my phone, I felt my body froze.

It's not just some messages and stuff but it's.. It's.. It's..

52 missed calls from 'Mother'

Oh no, this..is nightmare.

136 messages from 'Mother'

28 voicemails from 'Mother'

Shit.

It's not shit, Connor, it's a notification that tells you the real nightmare. A very true nightmare.

Just be ready to see the demon, Connor.

"You've seen a ghost or something?" I heard Bryan asked.

I glanced at the rearview to see him looking at me, I shrugged and shook my head, "No.. It's.. Nothing."

I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and looked at the scenery outside, humming a random song instead of being a quiet damn kid.

"Anyways, you're the first person we'll drop first," Bryan announced after a few minutes.

"Uh.. Can you drop me off at my parents' house instead of my apartment?" I asked and continued, "if you can."

Bryan raised his eyebrows, nodding, "Sure but I thought you're not..in a good terms with them."

Oh, my parents.

"We've talk not this long ago" I muttered

"Oh, can I at least have the address?"

"Yeah, sure" I said, scribbling down the address on a piece of paper and handed it to Bryan.

He frowned when he read the address, "Your area is private."

"Shit" I heard myself cursed.

He chuckled and shook his head, "Nah, I used to live around that area."