| 9 |

I kissed him back.

I put my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss and he placed his hands on my back, pushing me to his body so that our chests smashed together.

While kissing, I trailed my finger down to his hem of shirt, gripping it and was about to pull them up but Jake's phone rang.

And that's the end.

Jake pushed my body, making my back to hit the door, hard. Our hair was out of style, shirt rumpled and he stared at me with widened eyes.

He look like a deer caught in headlight, Jake shook his head, lips shaking, "W-what the. . . What did I do?"

I took a sharp breath and managed to say, "You kissed me."

"But I'm not gay! I'm not like you! What the fuck, Connor?! What the hell is wrong with you?!" Jake shouted and pointed his index finger at me, "It's your fault."

That is when he left. He slammed the door hard and went into his house without looking back.

I bit my bottom lip, leaving his driveway and raced myself to I don't know where in full speed.

It's your fault!

Why is it has to be me?

I wiped my numb mouth with the hem of my sleeve. I tried not to cry. I forced myself not to cry although I deserve to cry. My eyes were bloodshot when I glanced at the rear view mirror.

I didn't cry but it's red.

I found myself  at the park's parking lot and rested my head on the steering wheel, thinking about the shit happened thirty minutes ago.

"Why did he kissed me at the first place?" I questioned myself, punching my lap repeatedly.

"Why do I like him so much?"

I blurted, punching my lap.

"He's not gay"

Punching it again.

"He never like me in that way"

My gripped was hard on the steering, knuckles turned white till I heard a knock on the window, making me to look up at the it.

"Connor, are you dead? Open the door, it's me, Will." He said, smiling but there was something else on his face.

I sighed, pressing the unlock button, Will went inside the car and looked at me.

"Connor, loo-oh my god, are you possessed or what? Don't tell me you're a demon" he said with a scared look pasted on his face when I turned my head to him.

"Don't mind me, Will. Just tell me what you want to tell me" I said, resting my head back on the steering wheel.

"Look, Connor, I am your friend, I care about you okay? What the hell happened to you?!" he asked, gesturing his hands all over my body.

I swallowed hard. "Jake. . ."

Will raised an eyebrow at me, "what's about Jake? You fight? You compete with him? You fail? You-"

I snapped, annoyed. "Will! Shut up, I'm talking." Will nodded at me and said to continue my talk so I opened my mouth, "Jake kissed me"

"Holy cow" he mouthed.

"I don't know, Will. . . I actually have feelings for him though"

"I figured. I see the way you looked at him. I knew you like Jake." Will said, patting back, "Am I the only person who knew this?"

"Yes." I said and cocked my head at Will who is biting his nails. "Now what's yours?"

Will took a deep breath and bit his lips before saying, "I. . . Kinda like Bryan for awhile now. . . And he knew about me liking him."

My eyes widened, "I don't know you're gay"

"Well. . . I don't attract to girls, meaning I'm gay and the reason why I work at the Billie's is because of Bryan. The first time I met him, he made my heart flipped."

"Same goes to me, Will. My heart flipped when I met Jake for the first time"

Will laughed dryly, "We're on the same situation but you got kissed by him and I'm not."

"I know," I breathed. "I think Jake is hating me right now"

"Why would Jake hate you? He's the one who started the kiss, no?"

Will's right aye?

"But he's not gay" I pressed.

Will put a finger on my mouth, smiling sweetly, "Jake may or may not like you, okay? He maybe kissed you with reasons. Don't think negative, Connor. I'm sure he likes you."

"What about you and Bryan?" I asked, ignoring the words he said. "he's twenty four right?"

I made a face. This is the first time I saw Will blushed.

He swatted his hands up and down, "hey, we're just four years apart. And. . . How am I going to work around him?"

"I think he likes you too" I said with full of confidency. "just continue your work and maybe someday he'll reply your feelings. Yeah?"

He frowned and when he glanced down, he stated, "there's a text on your phone"

I took it and saw Jake texted me.

Jake: we need to talk.

Jake: I was out of my mind.

Out of your mind huh? So lame.

"It's from Jake" I stated, pressing the shut down button and shoved it inside my pocket.

"Go have some rest, Connor. You seemed so tired. Talk to him tomorrow" Will told me.

"You talk to Bryan, too, bitch. Need a ride home?"

"yeah, thanks"

I shrugged, "sure thing"

I dropped Will at his place and went to mine after that.

Once I got to my apartment, I changed into my pajamas and drifted to sleep when my ass touched the bed, ignoring what had happened earlier and the texts.

∞∞∞∞

Boring chapter.