| 29 |

Jake went home after we spent few hours together. It started to get boring when I ran out of ideas of what to do since I've done almost everything here in this house. Not to mention I also run around the whole house, thinking the time will go faster too when it's actually not.

My phone buzzed on the table beside me and I quickly read the text that was from Wyatt that says he wanted to talk about something with me so I replied with a 'sure'. He then told me to meet him at a cafe.

I went there less in ten minutes and when I entered the place, I saw Wyatt waiting for me at the table in the corner with two drinks on it. He greeted me as soon as he saw me walking towards the table.

"Hey, Connor."

"Hey," I said as I sat on the opposite side.

We talked a bit about how I was doing and he was glad about hearing that Jake was back with me after we fixed things between us but something was off with Wyatt. He was off. Everything about him seems okay and he acts same as always when we was around me but he kept on biting his lip and mumbled something to himself which I can't understand since it was incoherent.

So instead of ending the talk, I asked, "What's up with the lunch invitation, by the way?"

I saw him gulping before he answered me, "I just want to tell you something."

I paused for a moment then nodded, "Alright, tell me, then."

"I know this is like three years ago but I know you saw Emily's comment on my post about me and my ex girlfriend, Teressa."

'Wow Wyatt, getting over Connor already?' was her comment, if I'm not wrong about it.

"You broke up with the girl on your post?" I asked.

"Yeah and this is why I ended things with her," He answered, then let out a sigh, "Emily knows that I liked you."

"What do you mean you liked me?"

"I liked you when I started tutoring you back then but I know its wrong. I tried dating a girl, Connor, I tried but it didn't work out because I just can't get over you."

I stayed silent and he looked at me as he continued, "I wanted to tell you this long time ago, Connor, but I chose to stay away. I didn't go to London to continue my scholarship. I went there for distraction."

"But I never like you that way, Wyatt." I said, reaching over to hold his hands. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Connor. I'm sorry, too."

"No, don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. You taught me so much when you tutored me. I wouldn't be like this if you weren't around back then."

Wyatt didn't deserve this. I never knew he liked me. He hid his feelings so well. He never mentioned about what he likes and dislikes. He just never mentioned about his feelings for things like these. I just know that he was someone my parents paid to tutor me. He did everything to help me and was there when I needed company and all the time I was being too oblivious.

He was just a tutor and a friend, to me.

I went around to the chair beside him, pursing my lips before speaking again, "I'm sorry, Wyatt but you deserve better."

He forced a smile when we pulled away from each other's hug, "I know."

"Find someone that can do better than me, Wyatt."