Baby Vanessa's Journey

3 months after Mercedes' revelation of being pregnant

It had been quite the rainy day in Houston, Texas as a certain light purple haired beauty had been typing furiously on her computer while looking at maternity dresses and tips for an easy pregnancy. That woman was beautifully multi-faceted badass known as Mercedes Kaestner Varnado-Butler and even though she was plenty hot as a normal person, somehow she seemed to have been acclimating to maternity leave pretty well though she had pining for her life back in the ring. Just then her hubby returned not only from the local Home Depot for some paint, a nearby Wal-Mart with the baby essentials and a Chinese restaurant because The Boss, well the baby had been craving takeout.

Trevion: Mermaid, I've got what you wanted; fried rice special with the shrimp and a couple of egg rolls; how's baby Vanessa holding up after three months.

Mercedes perked up and saw Trevion with his hands full in between the food, paint and baby crib while she smiled and got up to show her average sized belly which had grown exponentially in the three months she had been expecting. After kissing him on the lips she took the food.

Mercedes: Okay two questions; how's Vanessa's room coming and do you need me to help?

Trevion: You, my adorable wife can just relax; her room is coming along just fine, just have to build her crib, nursery and hook up a few baby mobile objects and finish painting her room and then it'll be smooth sailing from there on.

Mercedes: Oh okay, well what about your food; I can imagine you're going to be super hungry when all is said and done?

Trevion: Oh don't worry about it just put in it the fridge Mermaid; you could come and get a sneak peek on her room if you're feeling it? I would love a second opinion from the mother of my child.

He wiggled his eyebrows which earned a giggle from Mercedes.

Mercedes: You're so ridiculous but then again it's one of the best things about you sweetheart... sure I'd love see the masterpiece you've crafted for little Vanessa.

She would place her Chinese food on the new counter they had ordered a couple days, then intertwining her delicate hand with his strong yet very smooth hand as they walked into a once desolate and empty room that they had originally planned as an office room but changed course when they discovered they were expecting their first child together. The room had now a bookshelf with baby toys, baby books and a new baby monitor that way they could know if something was wrong with their bouncing baby girl when she arrived. Coated in bubblegum pink and aqua blue paint, the room had looked around 80 percent done. '

Mercedes: Oh my this is amazing and you've done all of this on your own?

Trevion: Well no, you did help with the paint job a couple weeks ago; I mean you got paint all over your belly and hands.

Mercedes: Oh God I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up, I had to get an intense scrub all on my hands and get new nails installed.

Trevion: Seriously?

Mercedes: Seriously I do not play about my appearance especially my freaking nails babe; most women don't like it when their claws are looking like Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob.

Trevion: Off the record, I'd think you be an especially sexy crab.

Mercedes as if on cue spat out her water and just laughed.

Mercedes: You're an idiot I can't with you!

Trevion: Just an idiot or....

Mercedes looked at him and she fixed the glasses he wore on occasion.