Chapter Three- Ghosts

[Ghosting- Mother Mother]

I throw another punch at the bag when I hear the big doors open and two men talking. I stop and look behind me and see Luke and Dominic walking in while they talk to each other. They stop when they see me.

"Oh, hey Carlos. We thought this place was empty. Sorry, we'll just come back later." Luke says as they turn around.

I remember the argument Dominic and I had last week.

"Guys, just calm down." Luke says but we both ignore him.

"You're so fucking dead." I growl to Dominic.

"Not if I kill you first." He growls back. He swings at me but I duck, as I come back up I right cross him in the face.

"Carlos, come on, give him a break."

"Shut up." I hiss at Luke.

Dominic pushes me onto the ground and pins me down.

"What the hell?" I ask.

He punches my face three times before I taste blood. I push him off me and take his role as the one doing the punching.

"Guys stop!" I continue punching him until until he goes limb and his eyes shut.

I jump up and walk to the door.

"Carlos!" Luke shouts after me but I keep walking. "Carlos, come on! That wasn't necessary! Carlos!"

"No, you can have it. I was just leaving anyway." I grumble as I slip my shirt back on and grab my bag.

"Are you sure? Cause we can come back later."

"I'm sure." I walk past Dominic and he glares at me so I glare back making him cower away. "I've got work to do."

I pull up to Dennis's house and go in, I got my own key.

"Dennis, it's me Carlos!" I shout as I look around for him. I wonder where he is?

I get upstairs and walk down the hall, past the bathroom, and come to a room with moaning behind the door. I furrow my brows in confusion as I listen through the door. What's going on in there?

I crack the door open a tad bit and my eyes widen. Shit! I quickly close the door and shiver. I did not need to see that. Well at least he's having fun.

I turn my head and see her standing in front of her bedroom door. I shake my head and look away. Whenever I come to her house I see a transparent version of her. Like a ghost. I don't know if it's really a ghost of her or just a figment of my imagination. I want it to be a ghost so I can still talk to her. Ugh, this is why I don't come here a lot.

I look back at where she was but now she's gone. I decide to go into her room. I quietly shut the door behind me and stay standing there, lookin for any spirit or imagination of her. My eyes pass over her bed and look back to see her sitting there looking at her hands. This time she's wearing a white crop top and black leggings with red converse. Her hair is curled and is hanging in front of her face.

"Sadie?" I ask quietly and she looks up and our eyes meet.

"Carlos?" She asks, a small smile appearing on her lips. I walk over and sit down next to her in her bed. "Hi." She says with watery eyes.

"Hi." I say back.

"How's life?" She asks.

"Stupid." I shrug. "You?"

"Gone."

"Right, sorry."

"It's been a while. Last time we talked it was two months after my death-"

"Please don't say that word." I whisper looking at my hands.

"What word? Death?" I nod. "Ok, then what should I call it?" I shrug.

"Incident."

"Ok, I'll call it that." She nods. "Why haven't you come to visit me since then?" She asks and I look at her.

"I have. At your grave. Every single night. You haven't been there?" My voice cracks in sadness. She slightly smiles.

"I know you have Carlos, I'm always there. I always sit in the middle of the roses you had planted into the grass and watch you. And I listen to you, everything you say. Thanks for talking to me. Adam only comes by once a month and my dad only comes when he's not drunk." She says. "I heard what you said about my dad the other night. That's why I'm back here actually. I wanted to see if he really was that fucked up. And he is. In fact he's fucking some lady right now." She sighs.

"You okay?" I ask and she nods.

"So what have you been up to?" She changes the subject.

"Gang stuff."

"Oh, you beat Dominic up and made him pass out the other day." I look at her again.

"How'd you know?" I ask confused.

"Sometimes I follow you from the graveyard."

"Oh, did you come with me when I went to that therapy appointment two days ago?"

"No. Why?"

"I'm, no reason. Just asking."

"What happened?"

"C-Clara was apparently my therapist. One of my friends forced me to go and he didn't tell me anything about it but the time."

"Clara? Did you... what all did you guys do?"

"She tried getting it on with me but I just beat her up... and then I killed her with a knife. And I also killed her husband who came in later, he was a cop." I avoid her eyes.

"Oh, well, alright then. I see you know what you're doing with the whole killing stuff." She nods and I shrug.

"You're not mad?" I ask.

"Of course I'm not mad Carlos. Now if you went along with it, that's another story. But I'm not mad." She shakes her head. "Are you dating anyone?" She suddenly asks.

"No, I wouldn't hurt you like that."

"You wouldn't hurt me if you found someone else. This is your life, I can't control it. So go ahead and find someone else. I want you to be happy."

"Thanks Sadie." I smile, even though I'm never moving on from her. She places her cold hand on mine. "I love you." I say and she smiles again.

"I love you too Carlos."

"I want to kiss you." I say looking at her lips.

"You can try but I'm not sure how that would work since I'm a ghost." I slowly lean in and shut my eyes. I wait to feel something but all I feel is cold air. "It's not working." I hear her say and I open my eyes.

"Oh." I say looking down sadly.

"It's okay. Do you want to cuddle?"

"How are we gonna cuddle Sadie?"

"I don't know. Just lay down with me." She gets under the blanket so I get under the blanket next to her and we lay down. She lays her head against my chest and closes her eyes.

"I missed this." She whispers.

"Me too." I whisper back and close my eyes.

Aww, poor Carlos. He just wants Sadie back. Ok I swear it will stop being so emotional all the time.