Chapter Seventeen

Adam's POV

  I run through the hospital with Dennis and Josh behind me, shoving people in our way out. Once I got the call there was a crash and Julie was hurt I had to cancel a gang meeting right in the middle, and it was a pretty important meeting. Well it was about the rival gang, of course it was important.

  We eventually get to the room, and I know it's the room she's in because Carlos is sitting against the wall on the floor with his head between his legs. The thing I notice that I've never seen before is the brace on his left wrist.

  "Shit." I mutter as I run over to him and sit on my knee beside him. "Has she woken up yet?" I ask putting my hand on his shoulder. He doesn't say or do anything. "Carlos?" I ask. Is he sleeping? "Carlos, look at me."

  He slowly lifts his head and I let out a small gasp as I see the cuts on his face, but more shocked by his red eyes.

  "Oh god, what happened?" Josh asks.

  "We crashed. Into a brick wall." He mutters.

  "Are you okay?" Dennis asks.

  "Fine." He growls deeply, not looking at any of us.

  "Are you sure?"

  "Yes."

  "So has she woken up yet?" I ask again.

  "If she has, don't you think I would be with her right now?" He snaps. "Actually, I wouldn't, because I would just get her more hurt. Because apparently whenever I'm around bad things happen to her!" He shouts.

  "Did she say that?" Dennis asks.

  "No, but I know she knows it. Especially after this incident. She's gonna hate me now and it's all because I always have to be getting into trouble. I'm bad for her! I'm dangerous! She doesn't need these things happening in her life. She doesn't need me happening in her life! I'm the reason this happened! If I would've just listened to her and let the stupid 'race' go then she would be fine!" He basically starts throwing a mini tantrum in the middle of the hall.

  "Carlos," I sigh, knowing I'll regret bringing this up. "Remember how Sadie was bad for you?" I ask and he freezes and looks at me. "Well you came back for her. She tried pushing you away but you just kept coming back."

  "What the fuck was that supposed I do!" He shouts.

  "I'm saying Sadie was dangerous but you came back, and you were fine. Same thing with Julie. You're dangerous for her but she-"

  "Adam she doesn't even like me. In her words I'm a 'mother ducking moron who needs to learn to give people space'!"

  "Well you don't know if she hates you or if she's just saying that. But all in all she needs you, because without you she would've been dead by now because of the other gang."

  "And probably very lonely still." Josh cuts in and we all shoot him a look. "What? She doesn't have friends right?"

  "She has a cat, dip shit." Carlos hisses.

  "Tsk, tsk, tsk, that seems pretty lonely to me." Josh shakes his head.

  "Carlos, just take a deep breath and pull yourself together." I command and he takes a deep breath and wipes his eyes. I help him stand up.

  "I can't believe he was crying over some girl." Josh chuckles in my ear so I slap his chest with the back of my hand and scowl at him.

  "She wasn't some  girl! She was Julie Bane! The most sweetest, loving, quirky, prettiest girl I've ever meant!" Carlos yells, slamming him into the wall.

  "Really? I thought Sadie was the prettiest? Do you want me to go tell her that? I can go to her grave and tell her that, and maybe I could clean up all those flower petals from all those bouquets of flowers you've brought to her corpse every night." Josh smirks, knowing he's really pressing Carlos's buttons now.

  "Shut. Up." Carlos mutters through gritted teeth.

  "You know you really need to move on bud, it's sad."

  "Josh," I warn.

  "Think about it. What do you think Sadie would say if she were here? She'd probably tell you to fuck off and get a life."

  Carlos punches him right in the face, sending him to the floor.

  "I told you to shut the fuck up!" He yells as he jumps onto him and starts throwing punch after punch. Dennis and I share a look before I leap towards Carlos and he leaps towards josh and we pull them off of each other.

  "Fucking let go of me!" Carlos yells as he kicks his legs around.

  "Calm down!" I shout, but he proceeds to fight against me. I take my taser out of my pocket and shoot it at him. His body shakes and falls to the floor limply. "Sorry." I sigh as I put the taser back.

  I jump when I hear shouting and see three doctors run past us and into Julie's room.

  "What's going on?" I ask, stopping one of the doctors. He stares at me for a moment.

  "She's having a heart attack." He says before running into the room behind the others.

  Carlos jumps up and runs through the door, and I follow behind with Dennis behind me and josh behind him.

  It's hard to see Julie with all the doctors surrounding her once we get in the room, but I believe she's actually having a heart attack when I hear the heart monitor beeping at a rapid pace. The sound makes me feel sick to my stomach.

  Carlos jumps forward but Dennis and I both hold him back. Josh just stands at the doorway with his mouth slightly open as he stares at the scene.

  "Julie!" Carlos shouts, but of course that's not going to do anything.

  "You need to leave." One of the nurses say to us.

  "No! I'm not leaving her!" Carlos yells as he pushes her back.

  "I'm sorry but you need to leave." She raises her voice. Dennis and I pull him out and josh follows. Once we're out the nurse shuts and locks the door, and even if Carlos knows it's locked he still bangs on it and try's the knob.

  "Carlos!" I grab him and forcefully pull him away from the door.

  "Calm down, she's going to be okay. You need to calm down, nothing you do will help, we just need to let the doctors do there thing and try to help her. Okay?" Tears start rolling down his cheeks as all three of us hold him down.

  I look back towards the door.

  Oh Julie, please don't leave us like Sadie did?

Oh my god! A heart attack?! First she got beat up, then a car crash, and now a heart attack? Yikes, what a crazy life Julie has.