Chapter Thirty-Nine

This is just a little chapter when Julie was hanging out at Sam's house before everything happened. You don't have to read, but if you do, enjoy!

Julie's POV

The door opens and Sam smiles at me.

"You're here!" He exclaims, grabbing my hand and walking me upstairs.

"Oh, are your parents home?"

"No. They're at work. It's winter break for the school kids, but still work for the adults. Remember?"

"Oh, right." I nod.

He walks me into a bedroom, which is actually pretty big. You could have like a sleepover with eight people sleeping on the floor, spread out.

The main color of the room is light blue. There's a basketball hoop on the door and a couple little basketballs around in the floor, there's also a cage with a lizard in it under the window on a shelf. And there's a king sized bed against the wall in the center with navy blue and grey stripes on it.

"Do you like it?" He asks, I nod as I look back to him. "Wanna see my lizard?" I nod excitedly. We walk over to the cage and he opens it, taking out a green lizard.

"What did you name it?"

"Roscoe."

"Cool."

"Do you want to hold him?"

"Uh, sure." I shrug. I hold out my hands and he sets the cold, scaly creature in my hands. I shiver and laugh.

"I've never held a lizard before." I shake my head as he crawls around in my hands. "He's cute." I smile.

  "You're cute." He blunts out and I look up at him, blushing. He stares at me before looking away as his face goes red.

  "I didn't say that." He mumbles and I silently chuckle.

  "So now what?" I ask as we sit on his bed, me sitting on the end and him sitting against the bed frame.

  "I don't know." He shrugs. "Was I supposed to plan something?" He looks at me and I shrug.

  "I mean, are we just going to sit here all day doing nothing?"

  "Well what do you want to do?" He sets his phone down and crawls over to me.

  "I don't know. It's your house. I can't decide."

  "Well me neither." He shakes his head.

He looks up at me with a smirk and I look at him confused, wondering what he's thinking.

"Did you being a swimsuit?"

  "No." I shake my head slowly.

  "That's okay. You can just wear my moms old shorts and tank top or something. Come on." He takes my hand and runs me out of his room.

  "I'm too scared."

  "I'll catch you."

  "But you might not. It's really deep."

  "It's okay. I promise I'll catch you." I look at him as he holds his arms out. I nod before running and jumping.

  I shut my eyes and plug my nose with my fingers as I feel myself fall. I've always hated diving boards.

  I feel arms wrap around me tightly and pull me up from under the water. My eyes still shut, I reach out for something to grab.

  "I've got you." I hear his voice say. But unfortunately that doesn't stop me from coughing out water.