Chapter Forty-Five

"Carlos, Carlos. Wake up." I feel a cold hand lightly slapping my cheek. I slowly open my eyes, seeing Julie's face.

  "Huh? Oh, I had this weird dream." I say as she helps me sit up. "So the gang and I were all at this house, trying to rescue you, and then you came out. But this girl, she helped you out. But she looked just like your sister. Adam thought so too. Except she had blonde hair instead of brown." I stand up slowly. "And then the dream ended. And then I woke up." I say. "It was really weird." I chuckle. "Anyway, I'm just glad you're safe." I pat her head like she's a puppy.

  "Um, Carlos." She clears her throat. "That is wasn't a dream." I stare at her, my mouth hanging open, a dumbfounded look on my face.

  "So you're telling me, that this girl who looked exactly like my girlfriend, who's by the way dead, saved you from the other gang?" I ask her.

  She slowly nods.

  "That's not funny Julie." I shake my head. "Now if you'll excuse me, Om going to go and sit in Sadie's room and be sad." I say, turning on my heel and walking towards the stairs. "Wait, why am I at Dennis's house?" I ask confused. "Whatever." I shake my head and continue.

  I walk down the hall, until I come to the white room. I place my hand on the cold handle and open the door, freezing as I see a blonde girl with dark blue eyes on Sadie's bed staring right back at me.

  How dare she.

  No, that is her.

  I groan. "I'm hallucinating again!" I groan out loud. "Seriously. I'm not on drugs. Why am I hallucinating all the time!" I throw my arms up at my side, looking at the ceiling.

  "It might not be drugs. It could be from trauma." I look at her.

  "Yeah. Probably." I nod as I walk over to her tiredly. "Well, since I'm seeing you again, I may as well act like you're real." I say and she furrows her brows at me.

  I take her hand and sit right next to her. Wow, she's warm instead of cold, for once. I look at her hair.

  "Why is your hair blonde?" I ask.

  "I had to dye it to go undercover. You know?"

  "Oh." I nod.

  "I smell like smoke I should take a shower."

  "Yeah. Me too." I nod. "Wait, why do I smell like smoke? Wait a minute." I think with narrow eyes. "Either I went to a bomb fire or that dream really did happen."

  "What dream?"

  "The dream where you saved Julie from the other gang at that house, and then Adam and I saw you. And that's when I woke up."

  "Carlos, that wasn't a dream." She shakes her head.

  "Yes it was."

  "No." She says slowly. "It was real. Very real." She tells me. "Did that smoke get to you or something." She chuckles.

  "If that dream was real, then you would be real. But you're not, you're just part of my imagination." I smirk, knowing I'm right.

  "I am real, Carlos. You can see me, right? You can smell me, right? You can feel me, right?"

  "Yeah. What's your point?"

  "I'm real, babe. Very, very real."

  "Uh Uh." I shake my head.

  "Oh really? Then can you feel this?" She licks her pinkie and sticks it in my ear.

  "Ew!" I squirm. "Gross!"

  "Did you feel that?"

  "Yes, I did." I say wiping my ear.