Chapter ThirtySix

I moan as her fingers pull my hair. She pulls me into a wall and I pick her up. Wow, she's heavy compared to Julie.

Julie.

I pull away and smile at the girl as she gives me a sad look.

"Sorry, hang on." I say and take my phone. I see I got a voicemail from princess four minutes ago. "I have to take this." I say and walk past her and outside.

Wow, it's so much quieter out here.

I call her.

  "Where are you?" She asks immediately once she picks up.

  "I don't know, where are you?" I chuckle.

  "I'm at Sam's house. You're supposed to pick me up, remember? You argued with me about how you didn't want me walking home alone and so you would take me home. Well, where are you?"

Sam.

I roll my eyes.

  "Um, I'm at this cool place." I look at the building. "It's called a barrrrrr. I'm actually outside of it right now. I'm having funnnn." I slur, finding a wall and leaning against it.

  "Carlos!" She suddenly snaps and I flinch. "Are you drunk?" She asks angrily.

  i look around suspiciously. "Mayyyybe." I look at my feet.

  "Why are you drunk, Carlos?"

  I think for a second.

  "Cause I got upset with having to deal with you being with Sam all the time so I decided to let myself have some fun. You wanna know what I got to do?" I ask. "I got to drink. And then I made out with some hot girls, and then I drank some more. And now I'm in a parking lot!" I shout excitedly.

  "How many drinks did you have?" She asks sounding worried.

  "I don't know. Three. Maybe. Why?" I shrug. I hear her sigh.

  "Carlos, how am I going to get home now?"

  How is she going to get home? Why can't she just use her stupid boyfriend to get her home?

  "You known what Julie?" I finally ask. "Get your own damn ride." I mutter. "If you don't want me and prefer Sam, then fine. Get him to give you a ride. I don't give a fuck if I'm your bodyguard anymore. You're just an ungrateful little brat!" I yell and hear her gasp.

  "Carlos, that's-" I cut her off.

  "You think you're so special because your dad who gave you up when you were born is a retired gang leader. And you think you're so special because you were in foster care all your life, and you escaped and now you have a bodyguard because this gang is after you." I frown, not really knowing what I'm saying. "You think you're so special with all that thick, gorgeous, dark brown hair and those beautiful brown eyes. Well you know what, everything about you is beautiful." She really is beautiful. "But since you don't want me, I'm not gonna give you sweet compliments." I decide.

  "Carlos, you're drunk so I'm going to forgive you." She says.

  "No, no, no." I shake my head. "What I'm about to tell you is serious so you better listen." I warn her.

  "Fine." She sighs.

  "You want people to give you pity. You know that Sam guy?"

  I hate that Sam guy.

  "I bet he only likes you because he feels sorry for you. I bet you told him all about what a sweet, innocent little princess you are. And how people are trying to kill you and everything. And maybe you're right, maybe I did only like you because you reminded me of my ex. But what does it matter to you?" I spat.

  "That's not true. I don't want people giving me pity." She growls.

  "Yes you do." I growl back. "Maybe that story of Jonah doing that thing to you in the foster home was made up. Maybe you just made it up so I would feel bad for you."

  Well it worked.

  "Then how do you explain my scars?" She suddenly asks.

  "You probably did that." There's a silence.

  "What... What the heck Carlos? Why in the world would I do that?" I hear sadness in her voice.

  "For attention sweetie." I roll my eyes.

  "You know what Carlos? Screw you. You're just some poor boy who's lonely. I don't need to listen to you." Is she crying? I roll my eyes again, ignoring the feeling of guilt in my stomach.

  I laugh.

  "Now you're making yourself cry? Wow, you are trying to make me feel bad. Well it's not working Julie." I smirk.

  I won't let her make me feel bad, she's already made me feel bad enough to go get drunk at a bar.

  "I-I'm n-not faking it." She says shakily. "I'm actually crying. You made me cry! Why would I give myself those scars? That's terrible! Screw you Carlos!" She yells.

  I did make her cry. I suck. Why would she give herself those scars? Oh, maybe because she hates her life...

  I shake my head.

  "No, screw you Julie. You made me fall in love with you and convince me you love me too, and then push me away because you think I only love you because you remind me of Sadie. Well maybe you do. But I still love you, Julie! Why can't you just believe me?" I shout. I wait but there's no response. I pull my phone away and look at it. She hung up. Ugh! Dammit!

  How's she going to get home?

  I look at the bar again.

  Who cares?

  I walk back inside and find some random girl dancing and pull her away from the sweaty area and find our own little corner for privacy.