Chapter Fifteen- Teach Me How To Fight

[Milkshake- Kelli's]

Picture above is of Carlos's tattoo. One of them.

"Carlos." I look at Julie and smile when I see all the bruises have faded almost completely.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Can you teach me how to fight?" She blurts out and I sit up.

"You want me to teach you how to fight?" I ask and he nods. "Why?"

"Because I want to be able to defend myself. I don't want to keep getting hurt."

"Bug you have me, your bodyguard." I stand up and walk over to her.

"Yeah, well where we're you last time then, bodyguard?" She asks and I feel guilty again.

"You know I'm sorry about that." I say.

"Can you please just teach me how to fight?" She sighs. I think for a minute.

"Of course, princess, I'll teach you how to fight." I nod and she smiles, making me smile too. "Tomorrow, right in the morning, we'll go to this place and I'll teach you. But you'll have to listen to me if you want my help. Got it?"

"Got it." She nods and skips back to her room.

***
I finish wrapping her hands with the red hand wrap before I slip the red boxing gloves in her little hands.

"Carrying pepper spray is a lot easier than fighting physically." She says and I chuckle.

"Yeah, but this is fun."

We hear doors open so we look over and a big smile grows on my face as I see my three best idiots from high school.

"Carlos!" Mikey exclaims as they jog over to me.

"God it's been so long!" Jorden gasps.

"How's life?" Jason asks.

"You know, it's life. You?" I ask.

"Good."

"So who's the girl you need us to help?" Jordon asks looking around. I smile as I nod to Julie.

"Right there." They all look at her and freeze.

"C-Carlos?" Jason whispers. "Why does she look like..."

"She's her little sister no one new about." I whisper to the three. They stare at me wide eyed. "Let's just get on with it." I say tossing three pairs of boxing gloves to them.

Julie's POV

"No, pivot your foot." Jason commands so I quickly do and throw a right punch again. "Good, now put it together. Cross, hook, uppercut." I sigh and do right cross, left hook, and right uppercut. An then I dramatically fall to the dark blue mat and lay there.

"What is she doing?" Jordan asks.

"Is she that tired?" Mikey asks. "Should we get her a drink?"

"Is she alive?"

"Where's Carlos?"

"Ok guys, let's have a break." I hear Carlos say and they all walk away as I continue staring at the giant ceiling fan above me. "How ya doin angel face?" Carlos's face hovers over me and he's smiling.

"I'm exhausted." I breath.

"Yeah, you'll have that." He holds his hand out and I take it. He easily pulls me up causing me to fall into his bare chest. I don't bother to push myself away and just lay my head against his chest.

Why isn't he soaked in sweat like me? Oh, cause he hasn't been working for four hours like I have!

When I finally push off I see his giant skull tattoo that covers his chest. Wow. And he's so muscular. So fit. He's just so hot.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I'm tired." I groan as I look back up at him. "And hungry." I add.

"Ok, we can take a lunch break if you want. Where do you want to eat?"

"Applebee's!" I instantly respond.

"Ok," He chuckles. "We can get some Applebee's."

Yay!

I watch the cars drive around on the road as I sit between the window and Carlos in the booth with Jason, Mikey, and Jordan across from us.

A big bowel being set in front of me snaps me out of my trance and I look to see my salads here. I'm the only one who got a salad, the others got something more... filling.

I sigh as I move the long strip of grilled chicken around in my bowel. I feel states on me so I look up with my eyes and realize they're all watching me.

"What?" I ask.

"What's wrong?" Carlos asks and I shrug.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I say so he gets up to let me out. I walk to the back of the restaurant towards the bathrooms but stop when I feel the weird urge to leave without anyone knowing. I glance over at the guys to see if they're looking but they're not so I quickly walk out of the doors and around the building to find somewhere to go.

I freeze when I realize I'm passing the window where the boys are sitting and I turn around to see them all staring at me. Carlos has a look of 'what the hell are you doing, get your ass back in here right now!' on his face, but for some reason I don't feel threatened by it. I just feel a feeling of excitement bubbling in my chest and like I can do whatever I want. And that's exactly what I'm going to do. What's gotten into me?

I wave to them before turning and running off.

Finally I'm going to have some real fun in my life for once.

  This is work so well!