Chapter Twenty-Six

"Carlos?" I open my eyes and smile at her.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I'm sad. I don't want to be alone." She whispers.

"Oh, well you can sleep with me." I say and she nods as she crawls over me. "Why didn't you just walk around the bed to get on the other side?" I ask as she lays down under the covers.

"Too lazy." She says. I roll over and face her.

"Hi." I whisper.

"Hi." She whispers back.

I bring my hand up and stroke her hair, she relaxes her head on the pillow as her eyes become heavy.

"Julie." I say.

"Hmm?" She asks.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Will you be honest?"

"Sure."

"Why did you run away from the foster care?" She opens her eyes and looks at me.

"Um," She starts to sit up, but I hold her down with my hand.

"You said you'll answer honestly."

"Yeah, well I don't want to talk about it." She tries pulling my hand off of her. "Let me go Carlos." She whines.

"Tell me first."

"No."

"Please?" She stops struggling and looks at me.

"Ok, how would you like it if I asked you what happened to your girlfriend?" I stare at her before pulling my hand away and sitting up.

"Julie," I start. "Some things are really bad. They're tragedies. Some stories are worse than others. Like when someone you love dies. My story, Julie, is worse than yours." She gets up and storms out of my room.

What's her deal?

I get up and walk after her.

"Julie." I say as I follow her into the kitchen. "Julie." I say again and she looks at me. "What's the problem?" I ask. She frowns as she slaps her hand across my face. I gasp and stare at her, placing my hand over my right cheek.

"You jut slapped me." I gasp.

"Yeah, you deserved it."

I scoff. "As your bodyguard you are not allowed to do that." I say.

"Bla, bla, bodyguard, bodyguard. I'm Carlos and I'm your bodyguard, it's my job to keep poor little weak Julie safe." She imitates my voice, well, try's.

"I never said you were weak." I shake my head.

"I won't tell Julie what happened to her that made her loose her memory. I'm stupid and I don't have common sense."

"Are you done?" I cross my arms.

"I don't have a soul because I lost the only person I ever loved in a gang war, so now I joined a gang even though I realize I'll probably get murdered. I like to smoke. And kill people for no reason. I'm such a hard, cold person because I lost my only love, and she might not have even loved me back because she was a gang leader and they can't love-"

I slam her into the wall and cage her in with my hands on either side of her head, her looking at me astounded.

"I joined the gang because that was all I had left of her. Just because Sadie was a gang leader doesn't mean she couldn't love. She did love. She was just broken, things happened to her, things she never asked for, and that broke her. It's not her fault she was like that!" I yell and she starts trembling, stunned.

"And I still love, Julie." I say. "And I didn't loose my only love. Not yet." I shake my head. She opens her mouth, about to ask who there still was, but I answer before she can ask.

"You're still here, Julie, I still have you. And I don't plan on loosing you anytime soon. Not to a gang, not to a car crash, not to a heart attack. And I will do everything I can to keep you with me, to keep you alive. And whenever your time comes, then all my loves will be lost. And then I'll be completely hard and cold." I finish.

She stands there, letting all that process through her mind, and once it's all in there her eyes widen and she looks at me.

"What?" She asks me. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"You, Julie. I still have you, so not all of my love is gone."

She still doesn't seem to get it.

"The one time you don't use your brain." I shake my head at her.

"I am using my brain, I just don't understand what you're saying."

I sigh frustrated.

"Why don't I just show you?" I ask before slamming my lips into hers, making her gasp. I smile, proud I caught her off guard, before wrapping my arms around her and pushing her against the wall. She doesn't move, still astonished, she's frozen, I smile at that. I help her out by taking her arms which were at her side and wrapping them around my neck, then I place my arms back on her waist.

Why isn't she kissing me back? Does she not like me that way? I slowly pull away and look at her, her eyes are closed. Once she realizes I pulled away she opens her eyes and looks at me. Either she doesn't like me that way or is still surprised.

Awe. And eww. Germs.
He finally kissed her. Is that a good or bad thing? I don't know. Anyway, see ya!