Chapter ThirtyThree- I Don't Know If Thats A Good Or A Bad Thing

Julie's POV

  His text reads

His text reads. I sigh and start to text him back, you don't love me, you love who I remind you of, when suddenly there's bright lights.

I look up and scream, unable to move. Right before it hits me something grabs me and pulls me to the sidewalk. I land on my back with something heavy on top of me.

I start to cry as I open my eyes.

"Thank you so much, I almost died. Thank you so-" I stop talking when I see bright blue eyes looking into mine.

"No problem." They say. The person gets off of me and offers me a hand. I happily take it and he pulls me up. "Are you okay?" The boy asks and I nod. "You're trembling." He points out.

"Yeah." I nod.

"It's winter and you're wearing short sleeves. You must be freezing. Here." He takes off his jacket and puts it over my shoulders.

"Oh, thanks. But you can keep it."

"No, it's fine. I don't mind the cold, it doesn't bother me."

"Then why were you wearing a coat?" I ask with a brow raised.

"... Got me there." He sighs and I smirk. "Sam." He holds out his hand.

"Julie." I shake his hand.

"So what are you doing out here all alone?" We start walking.

"Oh, long story. My friend thinks he loves me but really he just loves who I remind him of. And now I'm mad at him because I've finally figured it out, and he also called me by her name two times." I explain simply.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He says.

"It's fine." I shrug. "And it's not his fault either. He doesn't understand what he wants, he's just confused. Broken."

"Oh. So... does that mean you're not dating anyone?"

"No." I shake my head. "Why?"

"Just asking." He shrugs. "How old are you?"

"Sixteen."

"Sixteen? And you're out here at ten at night? It's dark out, that doesn't seem safe."

"Yeah well, my life's been full of unsafe things lately." I shrug.

"Oh. I'm seventeen. I'm graduating high school this year."

"That's cool. I'm not. I have one more year."

"You like school?"

"Yeah. Except for the people."

"How come?"

"They're just... mean."

"To you?"