Chapter Eight- Lucy

I pull up to the school.

"If when I pick you up you have any marks on you I'm going to hunt down whoever did it and I will burn them alive in a bonfire." I say and Julie stares at me.

"You have fun with that, bye." She waves to me before getting out. I watch her walk through the doors and she disappears. I sigh and drive away.

I pull my hood down and walk through the halls. People give me weird looks as I pass but I just ignore them, knowing juniors aren't worth my time. I see her at her locker and quickly stop walking and stand against some random persons locker.

Three girls walk up behind her and say something to her, she doesn't look like she enjoys what they're saying though. I take a few steps closer.

  "Hey Lucy." One of the tallest girls say.

  "It's Julie." Julie says quietly.

  "More like loser." The second tallest girl mumbles and the three giggle.

  "Did you get our project done for science? Because if you didn't I'm going to tell Jonah and you know what he's gonna do?" The tallest one asks and chuckles. "Of course you know. So is it done?"

  "Yes." Julie says.

  So that's why she was in such a rush to get her homework done yesterday. Who is Jonah?

  "Good, and you better have made it colorful but not immature. And if the teacher asks, you say I took it home and did it. Got it?" Julie nods. "Good, see ya Lucy." She pushes Julie against the locker before walking off.

I follow the three girls into the girls bathroom. They go to the mirror and start talking about dumb stuff. The smallest one, she has ginger hair and brown eyes, looks near the door where I am in the mirror and freezes. She turns her head and stares at me.

"Cynthia." She taps the tallest girls shoulder.

"What?" Cynthia, she has shoulder length black hair and hazel eyes, asks.

"There's someone at the door."

"Well tell them to mind their own business."

"I-it's a guy."

"It's a guy, in a girls bathroom? Well ask him what he wants." The short girl looks at me again.

"He doesn't look happy." She says.

"I don't care pearl, ask him what he wants or just ignore him." Cynthia says annoyed. Who does she remind me of?

"Jess, can you tell him to go away?" Pearl asks the second tallest girl, she has dark blue eyes and short brown hair. She looks over at me annoyed but her expression turns to uneasiness.

"Um, Cynthia, I don't think we should bother him." She says.

"Oh my god, you two are ridiculous, how hard is it to ask someone what they want?" Cynthia turns to me, arms crossed. "Can we help you?" She asks.

"Yeah, you know the girl you were just talking to?" I ask.

"Lucy?" Jess asks.

"I don't think that's her name." I shake my head.

"What does she matter?" Cynthia asks.

"Well, you see, her name is Julie, first off. And she matters because I'm her bodyguard, and if anyone mistreats sweet Julie, then I have every right to kick their ass." I mutter. She stares at me then laughs.

"Ok, that's nice, but we have to get to class now so could you just move out of the way?" They walk over to me.

"Oh, of course I can move." I step aside. They start opening the door but I slam my fist on it making them jump.

"Who are you?" Cynthia asks.

"The more important question here is, what do you plan on doing with Julie?"

"What do you mean?"

"You have two options Cynthia honey, one: you can leave sweet Julie alone and forget any of this ever happened. Or, you can continue picking on my Julie, but I will come after you and make you pay." I say coldly.

"What do you want?" She sighs.

"Leave Julie alone, or else." I mutter before walking out.