Chapter Six- C-A-T

[American Idiot- Green day]

I feel something wet stroking my nose as I slowly open my eyes and I'm met with a fluffy gray face.

"What the hell?" I whisper as I push the cat away from my face. I wipe off my nose then smell a delightful smell. Pancakes. I stretch and look towards the kitchen door and smile, she's so welcoming, making pancakes for me the first morning I'm here.

I stand up and walk to the kitchen door and see her at the stove making pancakes while dancing around- by dancing around I mean jumping around- to the song 'American Idiot' by the band Green Day. She has good taste in music. I watch her long, low ponytail sway around as she jumps. I chuckle and pull up a chair at the square table closest to the door.

About five minutes later after watching her I decide that watching this random girl without her knowing as she dances around is sort of creepy. I quietly stand up, walk out, go to the couch and sit there bored. I had more fun watching her dance.

The cat comes and jumps onto my lap.

"What do you want?" I ask as she looks at me with her yellow eyes. "Am I in your spot?" I ask but she just continues staring at me. "You want me to pet you?" She meows and I take that as a yes. I start petting her soft head, then out of nowhere she bites and scratches my hand making me hiss out in pain. I push her off of me harshly and look at my hand which is now bleeding from cuts.

"Dammit." I mutter as I stand up and glare at the fucking cat. I grab it by the back of the neck, not caring if I'm being too hard or not and walk over to the window that has the view of outside. I open it and hold the damn cat out over the busy street by the neck. She starts crying out painful meows loudly like someone's killing her. I guess I am.

I hear fast footsteps and small hands pull me away from the window and it just so happens to be the girl who's supposed to be making me pancakes. She yanks the cat from me and pushes me away from them. She cradles the cat in her and as she hums a soft tune and rocks it like it's a baby. Once the cat calms down she glares at me.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" She shouts. "You just about killed her!" She exclaims.

"Well look what that thing did to my hand!" I show her my hand.

"You could've killed her!" She sets the cya down and shoves me back with both of her hands. "She could've died!" Her deep brown eyes become a light brownish-green as they get watery. Her nostrils flare as her breathing become heavy and shaky. I suddenly feel bad, not because I almost killed her cat, it because I made her cry.

She picks the cat up from the ground and stomps past me into her room and slams the door shut. I just stand there for a minute thinking about what I should do. I look toward the kitchen and remember my pancakes. I can't keep my delicious pancakes waiting.

I knock on her door but there's no response. "Girl?" I ask. "Girl, can I come in?" No response. Whatever. I open the door and look around her room but don't see her. I scan my eyes around, they stop on her bed where there's a big ball of pink floral blanket. I sigh and walk over to her bed.

"Hey," I say in a soft voice. "Look, girl, I'm sorry. It's just... your cat started it." I say. "I wasn't actually going to drop your cat, I was just showing it that if it bites and scratches me again then... you know. But I wasn't really going to drop it." She doesn't move. "Can you uncover yourself?" I ask. She slowly uncovers herself, revealing a a sad face and a fat cat in her arms.

"You could've killed her." I notice the tears that slowly roll down her red cheeks.

"I'm sorry." I say, but I don't hear any sign of guilt in my voice like I hoped I'd hear. She stares at me angrily. "Can you stop looking at me like that girl?" I ask.

"My name is not girl," She says wiping the tears away. "It's Julie. And also my cat is not an it. My cat is a She and her name is Misty."

"Yeah whatever, I finished the pancakes, now let's go so I can eat, I'm hungry." I say and walk out of her room.