Rose

The car came to an abrupt halt and I closed my eyes tightly. Let me tell you one thing. Riding, tied up in a trunk when you're pregnant? Bad idea. Elena was still out, but I didn't think she would appreciate waking up to find that she is completely covered in puke, so I held back as long as I could.

The man who had put me in there pulled me out first and despite the rope around my feet, I staggered away a few paces, falling to my knees. I threw up everything I had eaten that day. When there was nothing left, I continued dry heaving.

"Are you alright?" another man asked surprisingly gentle.

I looked up to see someone covered in a cap and sunglasses looking out of the window of a second car. I took a deep breath and nodded lightly, biting my lip uncertainly.

"Come on, you'll ride up front with me," he decided after tilting his head to the side in concentration. Was he a vampire?

"Why are you so nice?" I questioned softly, freeing myself of the rope and carefully walked over to the passenger side. Even if I tried to run, there was no way I could make it, so I thought it would be best to be as cooperative as possible. Also, it seemed like it was Elena they wanted, so I'd guess that I'm as save as I can be.

"Because you were caught in the crossfire," the man murmured, looking at me from behind the dark sunglasses. He turned back to the window when the kidnapper returned "Thank you for your help."

"Is there anything else?" the kidnapper asked.

"One more thing. Come closer, please. Closer." As soon as he was close enough the vampire lunged, sinking his fangs into the kidnapper's neck, draining him dry.

I stared at the blood on his face with a vaguely disgusted expression. Did he have to make such a mess? Geez, if that's my biggest problem after seeing someone killed... Oh well, what's a little blood.

"You're not going to throw up again, are you?" the vampire inquired, glancing at me.

"I don't plan to, no," I told him, yawning slightly.

"I'm Trevor, by the way. From the way you reacted... or didn't react, I'd say you know what I am?"

"You're a vampire. And yes, I already knew. My name's Meagan."

"You're peculiar, Annie," he mused out loud.

"Annie?" No one called me that before. The only nickname I had was when my granny called me sweetheart. My dad wasn't around long enough to give me one and my gran was too proper to use anything but my full name.

"It fits," he shrugged "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

I smiled faintly, leaning my head against the window "You already did."

He grinned before he became serious again "How old are you?"

"Fifteen, why?"

"There are three heartbeats coming from you, kid," he remarked softly.

"You mean... twins?" I choked, tears gathering in my eyes.

"You knew?"

"Yeah," I breathed faintly "It's the reason I'm in Mystic Falls. My dad couldn't deal and everyone else is dead."

"Jesus," he gaped "You're alone?"

I didn't answer, opting to stare out of the window silently. Watching nature always calmed me down. Soon, my eyes dropped and I fell asleep. Unconcerned of the predator sitting next to me.

I didn't know how much time passed until I was shaken awake. When I opened my eyes, I saw a water bottle and a packet of saltines and pretzels each "I wasn't sure if you'd feel sick again, so I bought you this."