First Meetings

"Wake up, love," Finn whispered, calling me out if my exhausted slumber.

My eyes slowly blinked open and I rubbed them with a yawn. I looked over to my right when someone chuckled.

Finn. Finn was with me and he was holding... my babies?

"Is that them?" I whispered in a sleep roughed voice.

"Yes, love. Two healthy little baby boys," he smiled, extending his left arm carefully "This one is Jasper."

I reached out timidly, taking the little bundle into my arms "He's so tiny," I wondered "Have the others seen them?"

"Not yet. I wanted you to see them first, but I'm sure they're all ready to pull out their hair," Finn laughed, lying Asher onto my lap as he stood up.

I couldn't help but gasp "Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to fetch the others. Is that alright?"

"S-Sorry," I mumbled and nodded jerkily.

Finn leaned over and kissed me gently, being careful of the newborns in my arms "Don't you ever apologize for not wanting me to leave. Especially after something as big as this."

"Thank you," I smiled, tears falling from my eyes. Damn! I was still way too emotional... I hope that goes away.

My mate stroked a finger down Asher's face and straightened up "I'll be right back." With those words, he left and I focused on the tiny humans instead. God, they were beautiful. In a pink, wrinkly way... The two were actually quite similar in looks.

Jasper had a tuft of light hair, a small nose and a heart-shaped face, while Asher had the same characteristics, but he was a few inches bigger than his younger brother. Somehow I knew that the two of them would be trouble. Especially with Kol and my influence.

But God! I couldn't get over how tiny they were.

"Ah! I see you're doing okay," the doctor from before smiled, stepping up next to the bed "Now, we talked to your ob-gyn and she said that you're not breastfeeding?"

I nodded "Apparently there are some health risks for both me and the little ones if I do. My grandmother told me that it had to do with the family line and her mother had the exact same problem and so on."

"That's what Dr Chen told me as well. Now, about the babies. They are both healthy, so you should be able to get home tomorrow or the day after. Until then, the nurses will show you the basics of taking care of them. Feeding, changing, swaddling and putting them to sleep."

My attention was diverted and I stared back down to the babies "They are so tiny. I'm afraid, I'll break them..."

The Doctor laughed "Yes, most new mothers are afraid of that, but don't worry. As long as you're careful and support the head, everything will be fine. Also, I do have to give my respect to your boyfriend. Most men faint while the woman is in labour."

"They do?" I smirked "Ah, well, you can't have everything I suppose."

"Indeed not," the doctor agreed.

The door opened and Finn strolled in with Jenna, Elijah, Ric and Nik behind him "I'm rather glad that I didn't embarrass myself in front of everyone," Finn murmured.

"I'm sure you are," I grinned, turning my gaze to the others "Are you just going to stand there and gape?"

Jenna was the one who snapped out of her daze first. Girl power, after all "May I?"

I nodded and handed her little Jasper, who I had been cradling unconsciously "Be careful though."

"Which one is he?" Ric questioned, stepping closer to his girlfriend and the baby, curiously.

"That's Jasper. And this one." I picked up the other bundle "Is Asher. Would you like to hold him, Nik?" I knew that just this one questioned meant the world to him. Wherever he went, he was seen as this emotionless monster. Well, it was technically his own fault, but he was like a wild animal. When backed into a corner, they attack. And attack he did.

"I can-?"

"If you want to that is," I smiled, chancing a glance at Finn to see his opinion, but he just smiled at his little brother encouragingly.

Niklaus nodded and stepped forward, hesitatingly extending his arms "What if I drop him?"

"Then I'll kill you, slowly and painfully," I replied with a straight face "Just take him. You'll be fine."

Then, finally, the little boy was safely held in his older brother's arms. I smiled proudly at the hybrid and settled back into the cushions with a yawn.

"You can get the others in here as well. It's not like I haven't slept with all of you in the room before," I murmured, my eyes drifting close after another long look at the two newborns.