Malicious Trio

The day of the ball arrived quickly and I was nervous as hell. I still had a few hours to get ready, so I took a long shower to relax.

After I was done, I slipped into my cream coloured ball gown and went over to Rebekah's room.

"Come in, Meg," she called before I even knocked. I entered the room shyly, shifting from foot to foot "That dress looks amazing on you," she complimented.

I scoffed "It looks like I swallowed a balloon."

"Maybe," she agreed "But just remember that there's life growing inside of you. Now come here and sit still."

Another hour later and Rebekah had curled my hair and made this amazing half up half down hairstyle, with the curls just flowing down my back like a waterfall.

"Finn's waiting outside. Some of the guests are already arriving. Let's do this," she encouraged, pulling me to the door.

Outside, Finn was leaning against the opposite wall, wearing a handsome suit with his hair slicked back elegantly "You look amazing, Annie," he murmured, kissing my forehead lightly "It'll be fine."

I smiled at their reassurances, but couldn't help feeling extremely scared and apprehensive. For some reason, I felt like something was going to happen and I wouldn't like it. Not at all.

"Looking good, little witch," Kol whistled, earning a head-slap from Nik.

I blushed at the guys' agreements "Let's just get this over with," I breathed, steeling myself for my first public appearance since I started showing this much.

We all glided down the stairs elegantly under the judging stares from the people of Mystic Falls.

"Meagan," Carol walked up to me, sporting the biggest, fakest smile I had ever seen.

"Carol," I nodded quietly, looking around to see Finn with Elijah, conversing quietly.

"I didn't know you were... with child, when we last met," she continued, a sickly sweet smile on her face "I'm assuming that you dropped out of school?"

I swallowed heavily, trying not to lower my gaze "No, ma'am. I'm finishing my IB online. It was easier than to find a school nearby."

"Right," she murmured, throwing me one last, disgusted glance.

As soon as she was gone, the Idiot three AKA Elena, Bonnie and Stefan took her place.

"I know I didn't believe it when you told us the reason, you took Bonnie's powers for. Now we know for sure that you're a slut. What's the matter? Couldn't keep your legs closed?" Elena taunted.

"Shut up," I demanded quietly, trying to hold back tears. It was a hard topic, even though I was more or less over the fact that I was 'saddled' with kids, the rape still branded me.

"Why? You don't deserve help. Hell, you don't even deserve to have that kid," Stefan sneered.

I scoffed, shoving the hurt into the back of my mind "I'm pretty sure that that's none of your business."

"If you're so adamant that you're not a slut, then where is its father?" Bonnie added, grinning maliciously.

Now I couldn't hold back the tears, so I quickly turned around to run out of the door as quickly as I could. In the garden, I made my way to one of the stone benches that were overlooking the roses.

"Hey," a familiar female voice called softly. I looked up through teary eyes to see Caroline standing behind me "Are you okay?"

I shook my head, sniffling slightly "I'm fine. Just go back inside."

"I don't think so," she disagreed, taking a seat next to me "I heard what they said to you. They have no right to judge you without even knowing your story. It's not right."

I smiled lightly at her earnest tone "I thought I could do it. Handling other people, having the babies... living, but it's so hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all the people who support me, but it's just too much sometimes."

"You don't mean that, do you?" Caroline gasped in shock, pulling me into her arms.

I shrugged "I thought about it often, but I would never kill innocents," I murmured, playing with a part of the dress.

"I think you should go and talk to your mate," she advised "When he noticed you weren't there anymore, he was frantic."

I took a breath, wiping my eyes. The Sheriff's daughter offered me her hand and I took it gratefully, fighting to get to my feet.

"Urgh," I muttered "I can't wait for this to be over."

Caroline laughed lightly "That I can imagine. Come on. Let's get back inside."

I followed her through the door and was immediately accosted by a worried Finn.

"Where were you? Are you alright? What happened? Does anything hurt?"

I just shook my head quietly and went in for a hug "'m tired, Finn. I want to go to bed," I whispered quietly.

He held me tightly for a moment before the Original nodded "Come on, let's get you upstairs."

"Thank you, Caroline. I appreciated it," I thanked her with a small smile.

She beamed at me "It's alright. I hope you'll feel better soon."

I caught the trio's gazes when Finn lead me up the stairs and they mouthed the word 'whore' at me.