Shopping

Two hours after we had arrived back at my estate, I walked back downstairs to find the Original family lounging around the living room.

"Well, look who seems to be getting along," I grinned cheekily.

"Shut up, Meg," Nik sighed, drawing something in his sketchbook.

I shook my head in mock disappointment "So rude. What would your... okay, never mind." I looked at the two newcomers "So, who's ready for shopping?" The males all groaned while Rebekah's expression lightened up. I let out a laugh "Come on, boys. I'm not that bad and each of you but Nik and 'Lijah do need clothes. Plus, I really don't own any shirt that fits me anymore and I'm getting sick of sweatpants."

"How far along are you?" Rebekah asked softly.

I rubbed my head in thought "Fourteen weeks. I have another appointment in two and a half weeks. They should be able to tell me the genders by then."

"Genders? As in plural?" Kol perked up.

"You haven't told them?" I questioned Nik, Elijah and Finn.

They shook their head slowly "No. It's not our story to tell."

I shrugged "Twins. I'm having twins and I can't wait for it to be over. I'm bloody exhausted all the time, but at least the sickness got a bit better."

"Maybe it's because you're a witch. I haven't really seen it before, but since your line is known for their powerful witches, it's a possibility," Kol pointed out.

I facepalmed and groaned "Why did I never think of that? It's not that big a leap..."

"So," Rebekah drawled "What about shopping now?"

"One track mind much?" I grinned "Come on. We have to get up to Charlottesville, but I'm pretty sure that we'll be there within the hour."

"Then let's go." The female vampire grabbed my hand and pulled me out if the door with the others following behind hurriedly.

Elijah stepped forward with Nik "We'll both drive. Niklaus will take Finn and Meg. Kol, Rebekah, you'll come with me."

Kol pouted at the thought of not being able to annoy Nik but got into the car without any arguments.

I climbed into the backseat with Finn and snuggled up to him, while the hybrid peeled his car out of the driveway with Elijah following.

I was right. We did take a bit less than an hour to arrive.

Rebekah grabbed Elijah and went into O'Suzannah and BitterSweet Clothing & Accessories, while Nik, Kol, Finn and I looked for clothes for them.

It took about three hours for all of them to get their clothing and my back and ankles started hurting a while ago, but I kept quiet. It was my idea to go out after all and I was in desperate need for maternity clothes.

"The shop is supposed to be over there." I pointed in the direction Google Maps was navigating me to "You don't have to come, you know."

"Nonsense," Elijah waved off "You have been dragged around for a few hours as well."

I smiled at him tiredly and made my way into the store. Motherhood Maternity... what a fitting name.

"Welcome to Motherhood Maternity. How may I help you?" a young shop clerk smiled at us.

I shifted, suddenly extremely shy "I need some clothes. Mine are getting a bit tight," I whispered, peaking up at him.

"No problem," he responded gently "What are you looking for?"

"Shirts, dresses, leggings, sweatshirts, maybe one or two coats and shorts."

It took a while, but in the end, I had two dresses, six pairs of leggings, two pairs of jeans, four sweatshirts, a few tops, two pairs of shorts and a zip-up jacket.

When I tried to pay for them, Nik gently pushed me to the side "I'll pay. It's the least I can do, Meg."

I shook my head "You don't have to."

Finn slung his arms around me from behind "But I want to," Niklaus gave back and handed the cashier his credit card.

Suddenly, I was feeling extremely dizzy and had to lean back into Finn heavily.

"Annie? What's going on?" Finn whispered, seeing my expression.

"What's her name?" the shop assistant question one of the guys.

"Meagan. What's wrong with her?"

I could feel a warm hand on my face "Okay, Meagan. I need you to take some deep breaths. Can you do that for me?"

I tried, I really did, but I was still incredibly dizzy. My eyes cracked open and I groaned at the whirlwind of colours swirling around.

"Breath. Match your breathing to the one you can feel at your back." To Finn, the boy added "I need you to breathe in deeply, wait a few seconds and exhale."

Slowly, the dizziness faded and I could open my eyes without being overwhelmed.

"Thank you," I breathed, closing my eyes tiredly.

"No problem," the guy responded "You have probably been on your feet a bit too long. But it's normal that at least one customer gets dizzy while shopping here."

"'S nice," I mumbled "Wanna go home." I didn't care that I was whining, but I was so done with everything right now. I only wanted to get back and eat, watch a movie and go back to sleep.

"We'll be going now. Thank you for your assistance," Finn thanked the shop guy while hefting me into his arms.