You Love Me?

"I'm going to kill them," Nik hissed, pacing up and down in the living room.

I shook my head, leaning against Finn "Don't. They're not worth it. Just... it's fine, really."

Kol snorted "Do you hear yourself, Meg? You were crying."

"I know, but I'm in a position to blame that on hormones," I pointed out, making the guys laugh slightly.

"Indeed, but that doesn't make it okay," Finn said, rubbing my arm gently.

"I'm just glad Caroline was there," I murmured "I'm not sure what would have happened otherwise." I didn't notice that I had spoken out loud until I heard several questioning exclamations. I flinched "I said that out loud, didn't I? It doesn't matter. I'm fine. I promise." For now.

"If you won't tell us, then maybe I'll just ask Caroline," Nik pointed out smugly with an undertone of... no, it couldn't be. Could it?

"Aww," I cooed playfully "Does wittle Nicky have a crush?" To my surprise he actually blushed and looked away "Oh God, you actually do have a crush on her."

"So what?" he hissed "I'm a monster anyway."

I threw a tennis ball at his head. Wait... where did that come from? Never mind. Act like it's all part of the plan "Don't say that, Nik. We all made our mistakes. Why don't you just talk to her? Give her a chance and let her decide instead of doing it for her."

The hybrid ran a hand through his growing hair "Damn, I forgot how good you are at speeches about this kind of stuff."

I shrugged "I had practice."

"Your father?" Kol questioned, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

I choked "God no, I avoided him as often as I could. I'm talking about some of his colleagues. They were a bit too... oblivious."

"One day," Finn spoke up darkly "One day, we'll meet your father and have a little chat."

"Be my guest, but please wait until the babies are a bit older, will you? I want to see it and the island where he works is no place for babies," I said, thinking about the island with a fond smiled that morphed into a little shudder.

"Consider me officially intrigued. What does he work with?" Elijah questioned, having put his book aside a while ago.

I grinned cheekily "Now that would be telling and no fun. I'd much rather see your faces when I show you."

"You little devil," Kol laughed "If only you weren't with Finn..."

"Back off, brother," Finn growled.

"Down boys. You're so immature sometimes," I shook my head and winked at Bekah "I pity you for having to grow up with them."

"At least someone gets it," she exclaimed in triumph "I mostly heard how glad I should be that my brothers were so hot."

I grimaced "That's kinda gross... No offence."

"None taken," Nik laughed.

"You're still here? I thought you wanted to go talk to a baby vamp," I dismissed him.

Niklaus huffed and actually left the room. I stared after him in surprise "Didn't think that would work," I breathed, making Kol laugh again.

"I swear, we'll have to keep you around, even if it's just for the entertainment," he chuckled.

I stiffened slightly and fought to get up "Sorry. I'm going to bed. Finn?"

The mentioned Original got up and lead me to our room.

"He didn't mean it, you know," he whispered into my ear.

I nodded "I know, but part of me is afraid that that's all I am. Comic relief."

"Annie. Please don't think that. You're a sweet, intelligent, awfully mature and funny girl and I love you for it." Finn pulled me into a gentle kiss.

"You do?" I questioned, hating me for how hopeful and young I sounded.

He leaned back down and pulled me into a longer kiss that left both of us slightly breathless "Does that answer that question?"

I smiled at my mate and nodded. I wasn't ready for anything besides the occasional kisses and hugs, but I had a feeling that Finn would never push me for anything.