Labour

It was all done and ready for the twins to arrive. I was thirty-one weeks along now and the doctors said that I should be prepared in case Jasper and Asher will be there early.

The only problem was that yesterday, Mikael, the Originals father showed up, trying to kill Nik. Usually, they would have probably packed everything up and ran, but not this time. They went to fight him in the forest near my estate, while Caroline, Jenna and Damon were with me.

I had been feeling weird all night. Not the bad kind of weird, just weird. I had been having a bit of a lower backache and random burst of small pains. But since I was worried for Finn and the others, I decided not to think about it too much, what proved to be a very bad idea.

Suddenly, a wave of pain hit, getting worse with each time. I gripped my bulging stomach and stifled a gasp.

"Meg? You okay?" Damon asked from the couch.

I was about to open my mouth when I felt something wet run down my legs. My mouth snapped shut before opening again "Guys? I think my water just broke..."

Jenna and Caroline jumped up wide-eyed, while Damon just blinked rapidly "They do have bad timing," he murmured, peering into my unamused face "Let's get you to the hospital."

"I'll come with you," Jenna decided "Can you go and get Finn?" She turned to Care questioningly.

The girl in question gulped before she nodded and sped out.

Damon had bundled me up in a blanket, ushering me to his car quickly "Jenna, get in the backseat with her, will you?"

"Course," Jenna nodded, running a hand over my hair.

"Nrgh," I gasped, grimacing in pain.

Damon constantly glanced through the rearview mirror, while speeding along the highway. He was driving to Charlottesville, which at this point was maybe half an hour away at the speed he was driving. I vetoed against going to Mystic Falls Hospital and wanted to be brought to Charlottesville whether I was in labour already or not.

"Shh, sweetheart. We're almost there. Take deep breaths," Jenna hushed, hugging me against her tightly.

"It hurts," I cried into her shoulder "It hurts..."

"It's alright. Just relax," she soothed, massaging my lower back with her hand.

Caroline POV

I didn't sign up for this. Okay, actually, I did, but you know? I was running through the woods, following the scent of the Originals. Why did they have to go that far? I could have already been with Meagan again. Poor dear, she seemed in pain quite a bit, when I left.

"Finn," I gasped, coming into the clearing where they were facing off with an older man "It's time."

The Mikaelsons froze for a second at my word, before panicking.

"What do you mean it's time?" Finn blinked shocked.

I rolled my eyes at him "I mean that you should get your ass to Charlottesville. NOW!"

Elijah, cool and collected Elijah, was actually pacing while pulling at his hair "You're sure?"

"No?" I gave him my best bitch face "I'm just interrupting your family get together for the hell of it. Of course, I'm sure, you moron."

"What is going on here?" Mikael asked, his face practically screaming his confusion.

I waved him off "Not now."

"Excuse me?" he choked, probably not used to someone talking to him so... flippantly.

"Meg is on her way to hospital now. I suggest we hurry if you want to be there for her," I declared.