Story Time

"You did what?" the doppelgänger shrieked loudly.

"I. Took. Her. Powers," I repeated as if talking to a toddler.

"Give them back. Right now!"

I laughed in disbelief "Sorry, no can do. If she wants them back, she has to earn it. And to be honest, I doubt that will happen any time soon."

"Why?" Bonnie whispered quietly, tears in her eyes.

Usually, I would feel some kind of remorse, but not today, not now. She brought everything that happened onto herself "I don't doubt that you're a good person, but you're biased. And friends with the wrong people. I'm not the bad guy... girl, but I do what I have to to protect my family." With that said I turned and walked out of the room, only to feel the bone-deep tiredness that sent me staggering.

"Are you alright?" Finn caught me before I could fall. I shook my head, blinking at him tiredly "Come on, you need to sleep."

"I really want to know how you two know each other," Nik murmured, walking along beside us.

"Lat'r," I mumbled into Finn with my head burrowed deep in his chest "Good restraint, by the way."

The hybrid snorted "Thanks. I still want to kill them."

I yawned and snuggled closer to my moving, breathing pillow "Sleep now?"

Finn chuckled at my puppy dog eyes and nodded "Sure. Go ahead." He put me down on my bed at the Crawford Mansion and made to leave.

"No." My hand shot out to grab his wrist "Stay?"

The oldest Mikaelson sighed and shrugged out of his outer clothing. I just noticed that he was wearing modern clothes. Where did those come from? Oh well, who cares.

I shuffled to the side as he slid in and pulled me close "I missed you so much, Annie." Finn pressed a short kiss to my lips and I sighed.

"It's funny really," I breathed, so only he could hear "Technically I only met you like... two days ago, but we've known each other for months. As if my life isn't fucked enough already."

"Don't," he hushed "You have no idea how panicked I was when I woke up to Niklaus telling me you asked for me. Well, he was extremely confused and demanded I tell him how we know each other."

I laughed quietly "We can put them out of their misery later," I dismissed "I feel like I could sleep for days."

"You get some rest. I'll wake you up in a few hours," he told me "Better you try to keep your sleeping rhythm as normal as possible."

"Thanks," I breathed, burrowing my head in his shoulder and closing my eyes. It didn't take long for me to relax completely.

A warm hand on my cheek brought me out of my dreamless sleep.

"Hm," I groaned, fighting to open my eyes "Leave me 'lone. Sleepy."

"You have to wake up, sleepyhead. There are people who want to see you," he whispered, sitting me up to lean against his chest.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, before stumbling up and out of the room with Finn following behind. He carefully lead me to a couch and pulled me into his lap.

"What?" I glared at the others grumpily.

"Aw," Ric cooed "You're so cute."

Damon snorted as Jenna hit her boyfriend over the head.

I yawned again and snuggled into the Original's chest "You want to ask something?" I directed at Nik and Elijah.

"Damn right, we do," Nik smirked "How exactly do you know each other? Finn has been daggered for centuries."