Confrontations

Let's just say that Mikael actually made sure that I'd go out the day after our conversation and immediately recruited Finn and Kol to help.

We decided to go into town, just walking around a bit, maybe getting lunch as well. Finn was pushing the pram with the twins, while we chatted about the past.

"If memory serves me right, this is where the locals used to make their sacrifices," he murmured, looking at the town square curiously.

I nodded "Ah, good times." I looked up at my mate with shining eyes "That was when you still had to sneak around to see me." I paused for a moment, blinking at the absurdity of the situation "It's still weird that I actually lived in the past for almost a year that was like two nights in this time..."

My mate nodded, his lips twitching "You're right, although it was worth seeing Niklaus' face."

"You're mean," I laughed "But I'd have to agree. His expression was hilarious."

Kol snorted "You were really secretive and everything back then. We even tried following you from time to time, but we never could get close to the house."

"Of course not," I grinned at the former witch "I wouldn't be a witch if I didn't protect my house from nosy humans."

Our peace was interrupted by someone behind us shouting "Hey!"

I froze, recognizing the voice of the witch whose magic I had taken several months before.

"Annie?" the oldest Mikaelson whispered, touching my arm gently "Come on. Let's get something to eat."

"She's talking to you, whore," another voice snarled in disgust, grabbing my arm and dragging me away from my small family.

I ripped my arm away from the Gilbert girl "What's your problem?"

"You are my problem," Elena hissed "You took Bonnie's magic and helped those - those monsters."

"Okay, one! I saved your life. If it wasn't for the fact that my family refined the ritual, you would have been killed. Two, whatever happened to your witchy friend here was her own fault. Also, she can get back her magic. It's not my fault when she's too thick to figure it out," I exploded. I might have let them walk all over me when I was pregnant, but no more "As for the monster part. Why don't you ask your boy-toy? After all, he's about just as bad as them. If not worse."

That was the wrong thing to say apparently, because the next thing I consciously took in was my face burning and Finn and Kol growling, shielding my babies with his body.

"I'm okay, love. Let's just go back home. I think I had quite enough for today," I murmured.

"Father won't be happy," my mate reminded, still glaring at the stupid girl.

"Does it honestly look like I care about Mikael right now? There was a reason I barely went out for a month and the reason is currently hissing at you, making a complete fool of herself," I explained frustrated, picking up a half-awake Asher "Shh, baby. I have to get back to studying anyway."

"You can't talk to me like that," Elena nagged "And don't ignore me for those things. They're disgusting."

"Those things as you call them are babies. Innocents," Finn growled, before turning to face Bonnie "I don't know who you are, but take a good, long look at your friend and think about your behaviour."

For some reason, I actually started pitying the younger Salvatore slightly. Even though he wasn't much better, he was still Damon's brother. And no one deserved a harpy like that.

"Who were they?" Kol pressed out once we were on our way back home.

"Elena Gilbert and Bonnie... Bennett, I think. Elena is Jenna's niece and the doppelgänger your brother was looking for. Bonnie, on the other hand, is a witch or was one. Descendant of Ayana. I almost lost the twins because she attacked me. That's the reason I was so out of it when your brothers undaggered Finn." My mate caught my eye and smiled encouragingly "I'm used to people not accepting me for stupid reasons. You get used to it after a while, but at least I had friends before and a family now."

When we arrived back at the Mansion, I grabbed both babies and slinked into the house with Finn and Kol following behind.

"You aren't supposed to be back yet," Mikael remarked reproachful, stepping out from the 'living room of the dead' "What happened to your face?"

I tilted my head in confusion, handing whoever I was holding in my right arm to Finn and raised my fingers to my face. As soon as they made contact, I winced. There, on my cheek were four scratches. No wonder it burned earlier "It's nothing," I shook my head "Excuse me, I'm going upstairs."

I went to the nursery, quickly changing Jasper and Asher before lying them next to each other on an incredibly soft carpet, lying down beside them.

For twenty minutes, I simply watched them, occasionally tickling them. Later, I got up, grabbing one of the storybooks that were in the big bookcase. 'Green Eggs and Ham'. No matter how stupid Dr Seuss' books could seem, I kinda liked them. They were great for reading out loud. Before I started, I rearranged Jasper and Asher in my lap, leaning back comfortably "'I am Sam. Sam-I-am.'" My voice got deeper, as I changed the character "'That Sam-I-am! That Sam-I-am! I do not like that Sam-I-am!' 'Do you like green eggs and ham?'" Along with the question, I poked Jasper's stomach, making him coo "'I do not like them, Sam-I-am. I do not like green eggs and ham.'"

I continued reading until the other person realized that green eggs and ham weren't that bad and Sam-I-am had been right all along.

"What book was that?" Kol questioned, leaning against the doorframe.

"The consistent repetition didn't give it away?" I snorted in amusement, trying to get up without waking the boys "'Green Eggs and Ham' by Dr Seuss. Thanks!" I added when he lifted Asher and carried him to his crib.

The getting up part was easier with only half the burden and after they were both settled, I followed Kol to the living room.

"What's up?" I questioned, seeing everyone sitting around.

"We were talking," Elijah started nervously, shifting in his seat.

I raised an eyebrow at the usually calm and collected vampire "Just spit it out, will you?"

"We're going to move," Nik blurted out.

"Okay," I replied slowly, still processing what the Hybrid had said.

Finn pulled me into his lap "We'll wait until you sat your exams and them all of us are going to move. Start over."

I looked up "All of us?"

"You didn't think we'd leave you, little witch, did you?" Kol asked concerned.

"How am I supposed to know what goes through your head?" I defended myself with a blush "Where did you want to move to anyway?"

It was their turn to blush "We- ah... We didn't get that far yet."

I laughed at them "Going in half-cocked? We'll have to think about something then. I'm kind of tired, though, so let's talk tomorrow."

"Sure," they agreed.

I got up from the comfy lap and tugged a chuckling Finn along. Sleep was so much easier when he was close and I planned to take advantage of that for as long as it lasted.