You Make Me Weak

Clarke's POV

How long had this trip been? How long had I been sleeping? Where am I?

"We are here" Lexa whispered in my ear.

Her breath tickled my neck. We had been pressed against each other the whole ride. I wondered if Lexa was regretting letting me ride with her. I wasn't. I was enjoying her presence, her touch. I leaned into her and I could feel her muscles tense and then relax.

"Lexa" I began. What was I going to say? I think I like you? She is the commander, there's no way she's at all interested. She's probably not even gay, she's always talking to that warrior, Gustus. I was nothing more than a prisoner, she made that very clea-

"Clarke" she tightened her arms around my waist, "what are you thinking right now?"

"How I'm not ready to go back yet" I sighed.

"Really?" I could feel her body relax against mine.

"Really" I almost laughed at how obvious it was that she was relieved.

"Guards. Go ahead of us and tell them of the alliance, tell them that I have Clarke and that she is safe. Once the terms of the alliance are agreed upon she will no longer be a prisoner and will be free to return to Arkadia." Her voice was stern and confident.

The riders took off at a trot in front of us, soon they were at the gates. They spoke for a moment until the gates opened and they were allowed inside.

"Now what?" I looked up to see Lexa's face curiously watching the encounter taking place.

She looked down at me, "Let's go in the woods and watch the camp. Aren't you curious?" A smile crept onto her lips.

"Stalk them?" I laughed.

"We aren't hunting them Clarke"

I laughed because she didn't understand my meaning of the word "stalk."

She dismounted first. Her absence made my body ache. I dismounted also and watched as she tied her horse to a tree.

"Follow me" she whispered.

I followed her through the woods until we were at the eastern edge of the camp. We were still at least a hundred feet from the walls.

"Why so far?" I questioned.

"Because if we get any closer the whole camp will hear you crashing through the woods" she looked at me mockingly.

"You're the one making all that noise!" I teased her.

A sharp sound in the woods came from our left. Lexa had me by the shoulders and pushed me against a near by tree. She had a hand over my mouth as she watched the woods over my shoulder.

"Clarke, there's a girl out here" she half breathed half whispered the words.

She removed her hand from my mouth as I turned to see the girl. Octavia? "She's from the Ark" I whispered to Lexa. I looked down at the hand she had wrapped around a dagger, her fingers loosed around the handle.

The girl began to walk back towards Arkadia. Once she was out of sight I returned my attention to Lexa, who had been staring at me the whole time. Her features where soft and her eyes looked sad.

"You have to leave Clarke" she pleaded with me.

"I don't want-"

"You make me weak" she whispered the words so quietly I could barely hear them. Her lips parted and her eyes found my lips.

I searched her eyes desperately. I didn't want to leave but I knew it was the best option for my people. I would have to leave, for my people.

I began to walk towards Arkadia, I didn't want to look at the hurt in her eyes.

She grabbed my arm and pushed me against the tree again. This time was different, her hands found my hips. Her gaze was focused on my lips.

"The last time I had you against a tree I didn't even know your name" she laughed.

I opened my mouth to speak but I never got the words out. Her lips found mine. They crashed roughly against my own. Her hand moved from my hip to the side of my face and her body pressed into me, forcing me against the tree.

The kiss started out rough and desperate but became slow and rhythmic. The passion building each time we brought our lips back together. She backed up slightly to breath and allowed me to relax against the tree.

Her eyes were watery but her lips were held in a smirk. She brought her hand to my forehead to brush a piece of hair out of my eyes.

"You make me so weak" she smiled sadly, "I can not let you get between what's best for my people."

"I'm not going anywhere" the words left my lips weakly, my voice breaking.

She leaned into me again her lips hovered just above mine. Our lips brushed slightly as she spoke, "their your people."

"They need an ambassador to remain with you if there is to be an alliance" I looked up at her, hoping she would cave.

She leaned into me and pressed her lips gently against mine. She smiled into the kiss.

"You make me weak" I whispered.

"Ste yuj" she brushed my hair behind my ear.
[stay strong]

———————————————————————————

We found the guards waiting by where Lexa had tied her horse to a tree. She looked at me sheepishly. How long had they been waiting?

"How did Skikru react?" I could tell she was trying to maintain her powerful commander tone.

"They agreed to the alliance however, they want Clarke. A women claims to be Clarke's mother and she wishes to see her."

"Clarke can go to Arkadia when ever she wishes. She will be welcomed in our camps as well." She shot me a quick glance, "Tell the Ski people that they are invited to dinner in TonDc tomorrow evening, post guards at their gate to escort them."

The rider turned and rode in the direction of Arkadia , two guards followed him.

Lexa motioned for me to mount the horse while she untied him. She mounted behind me and slid more comfortably against me in the saddle. Her arms wrapped around my waist and held the reins.

I leaned against her. She felt safe, anything but weak. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to drift off.

"Reshop Clarke kom Skikru" [Goodnight Clarke of the Sky people]