Familiar Faces

Clarke's POV

"Heda"

"Enter"

"skikru has arrived at the norther border, there are around ten of them"

"Let them enter, they are welcome here. We have invited them to dinner" Lexa's voice sounded slightly annoyed.

The guard turned, dipped his head slightly and turned to leave. The tent flap closed silently behind him.

"Commander, are my people truly safe here?" The concern was obvious in my tone

"Clarke, if i say they are safe then they are safe" she made eye contact in an attempt to assure me, "Trust me."

I nodded to her and sat on the her bed, lacing my boots up. Lexa was already dressed in full amour. Her red sash proudly flowing down the length of her body. She walked towards her throne and sat lazily into it. "Are you going to beg me again Clarke?" she motioned to the floor in front of her throne.

"Is that what convinced you to stop being the big bad Commander?" The corners of my mouth lifting slightly in a playful smirk.

"I'm still the big bad commander" She stood from her throne, her hand playing with the butt of her sword. "I was kind towards you because i understood that you are important to our alliance. We need your technology, you're how we get it."

Her voice was cold and dry. She had meant what she said. I fought to keep the hurt off my face. She kissed me in the woods, we already had an alliance before that. Was this all a big game to her? I watched as she applied her war paint.

"Clarke, I hope your people are understanding of why i captured you."

"I'm not sure i'm understanding of why you captured me." I watched as her hand fell from her face. She stopped applying her mask for a second. Then she sighed and continued streaking her face with black war paint.

I turned to leave, pushing the tent flap aside I quickly escaped the tent.

"Guards" The voice came from inside the tent.

Instantly two guards had me by the arms and carried me back into the tent. Lexa nodded to dismiss them.

"Lexa! What the Hell!" I stormed over to her angrily. She turned to face me, her chin lifting. She stared down at me as I searched her eyes for emotion. None. Her features hardened and her jaw clenched. "What happened to i'm not a prisoner?" I spat my words angrily at her.

She didn't say anything, not even attempting to speak. She searched my eyes with hers.

I was beginning to feel my eyes water, a mixture of confusion, hurt, and anger threatening to spill over. I stepped forward causing her to back up and hit against a table. I continued to walk forwards shortening the distance between us. She glared down at me.

"You can pretend that you don't care, you can conceal all of your emotions. You put that mask on and hide your emotions but you cant hide them from me. I can read you and you know it. Don't play your games with me Commander."

Her glare hardened, "Get out!" she seethed angrily.

I backed up and gave her a final glare before tuning to leave. The guards outside the tent moved forward as if to stop me again but the lack of a command from within the tent sent them back to their posts.

I walked to the meeting place where i knew dinner would be held tonight. I found a group of people surrounded by guards, one of them was yelling at a guard who was attempting to take her knife. She seemed to have a limp and her hair was in a high ponytail. I sighed and began to walk in their direction.

"You have to disarm before you can enter TonDC" I smiled widely as Bellamy made eye contact. Then I saw my mom turn to face me, her eyes full of confusion. Octavia was clinging onto a grounder who seemed uneasy being in the village.

"Clarke?" My mother called out to me attempting to push past a guard who easily stopped her advance.

"Let her pass" A strong voice from behind me signaled the guard to release my mother. I turned to see Lexa watching the events unfold. She must have followed me after i left the tent.

"Mom." She wrapped her arms around me squeezing tightly, I hugged her back.

"Clarke are you okay? I heard they kidnapped you and held you prisoner!" She scanned over my body worriedly "Are you hurt?"

I turned to face Lexa who was eyeing me carefully. "I'm fine" I assured her. "We have an alliance and that's what matters, they have treated me well."

I released myself from her tight grasp and approached the others. I glanced over all of the faces. Octavia and her grounder, Bellamy, the girl from before, Kane, and some other faces that didn't register in my mind.

"Disarm" I said simply.

"Why should we? We cant trust these savages!" The girl glared at the guard who had attempted to disarm her.

"Who are you?" I questioned intently.

"That's Raven" Bellamy called over to me. "She will disarm" he approached her and held his hand out. "Hand it over."

"Fine" she scoffed and handed him a large knife.

"And"

She handed over another knife. He eyed her questioningly. She threw her head back in annoyance as she held out a small hand gun. He took it an handed them over to the guard. Everyone else in the group followed suit and soon the guards dispersed and they were free to approach.

They all approached wearily. Octavia was the first to speak. "I am so happy you were able to form an alliance" she smiled widely and held onto the grounders arm.

"I'm Lincoln Kom Trikru" he nodded to me, catching my questioning glance.

"The commander has been-" I turned to look at her but she was gone. "you will meet her at dinner tonight." I attempted to smile honestly.

A hand found my arm and I looked up to meet Bellamy's gaze. "I never should have let you go out there alone princess" he looked at me with honest regret in his eyes.

"I'm okay Bellamy, they would have killed all of us is they didn't capture me" I put my hand on top of his which was still resting on my arm.

"I'm so glad you are okay Clarke."

"Clarke, have you gotten a chance to meet the commander?" Octavia's voice was full of wonder.

"You could say that." I resisted a smirk that was threatening the corners of my lips.