It's True

Clarke's POV

"Let me escort you to Arkadia."

"Thank you but I don't need an escort." I smiled at him weakly. The absence of Lexa heavy on my mind. I needed to go back to Arkadia now that Lexa was in Polis. I had no reason to be among the grounders in their camps.

"I insist." The grounder boy, who was probably around my age, mounted his horse and motioned for me to mount behind him.

I rolled my eyes at him and walked towards the horses that were tied to a tree nearby. Lexa had ordered that I have my own horse so that I may go as I please.

The boy looked at me flustered, a slight hint of red crawling across his cheeks. I laughed to ease the tension between us. I mounted my horse and rode beside him, "You can come" I offered him a small smile, "If you insist."

"I insist." He smiled sheepishly and kicked his horse into motion, taking the lead. He looked back at me and motioned for me to ride beside him. I tapped my horse with my heel and met his side as we continued down the trail.

"So whats your name?" He looked at him with genuine curiosity.

"Clarke, and you are?"

"Ai laik Hunter kom Trikru." [I am Hunter of the Tree People]

"Nice to meet you Hunter kom Trikru." I stared ahead as the forest passed by us slowly, the methodical sound of horse hooves allowing me to sink deep into my thoughts.

"Clarke, can I ask you a question?" He looked over at me, bringing me back to reality.

"If you insist."

"Why have you spent so much time among our people and not yours?"

"Your Commander." I wondered if he had heard the news about me and Lexa, about that night. If he had heard any rumors about the marks on my neck, which were still visible. I panicked at the thought of going to Arkadia with deep purple bruises on my neck.

I was so lost in my internal conflict I didn't hear his response to my comment. I looked over at him and he looked back as if waiting for a response.

"Yes?" I offered. Unsure if he had even asked me a question.

"For real?!" He seemed over joyed.

I looked at him with a sorry expression. "I have no idea what you asked. Can you repeat the question?"

"Would you allow me to accompany inside the walls of Arkadia?"

My throat became dry and I looked at him weakly. "Wont your people wonder where you are? Did you even tell them where you are going?"

"They saw me leave with you. My brother winked at me before we left." He seemed embarrassed at adding the last detail. His face flushed red and he averted his eyes to the ground in front of his horse.

"Oh I um....I dint meant you could accompany me like that." I also averted my gaze, the sound of horse hooves is all that passed between us for a few moments.

"I should probably turn back now. The gates are within view and the alliance has not been in place long enough for it to be safe within the walls." He smiled before turning his horse and trotting away into the woods.

"Hunter!" I caught his attention and he turned around to meet my eyes, "Be safe!"

He smiled back an honest grin and turned once more. I waited for the sound of his horse's hooves to fade before continuing on towards Arkadia.

The metal sign hung proudly above the gates. I hadn't yet been inside Arkadia, only around the outside of its walls. My heart felt heavy in my chest at the memory that Lexa and I shared just outside these vary walls.

I sent my horse forward at a trot until I was in front of the tall metal gates. The gates heaved a loud metallic groan as they began to push inwards. My horse started at the sudden sound, a noise that was a stark contrast to the sounds of nature around us. The Ski people weren't like the grounders at all, their technology was unlike any other clan.

"Clarke!" I rode inside the gates and dismounted my horse allowing a man to take him away. The women was my mother and she greeted me feverishly. "I'm so glad you're here."

"The commander had to go to Polis due to some urgent circumstances." I hoped that she would not question me further. The fate of the Night Bloods still entangled my thoughts.

"Come inside, everyone will be excited to see you." She motioned towards the Ark, which was laying in the dirt. A giant hunk of metal that i had been trapped in my whole life. I hesitated before I began to follow her lead, it didn't feel right. Sky meeting ground in such a way.

We entered a room with a long table at its center. Bellamy, Octavia, Lincoln, Raven, and Kane sat around its edges. They all looked up and met my eyes, worry painted on their faces. They exchanged glaces before Raven busted out laughing slapping the table in front of her. Octavia reached across Lincoln to cover Ravens mouth.

"Raven don't!"

"Clarke! Your nec-" Octavia lunged over Lincoln again.

I remembered the deep purple bruises on my neck and the image of Lexa leaning over me whispering that everyone needed to know I belonged to her flashed across my mind. I felt my face heat up.

"I wonder who did that to her." Octavia looked at Raven and nudged her. I made eye contact with Raven willing her to play along.

"One of those grounders." She smiled back at me. I looked between her and Octavia gratefully. i met my mothers stare and quickly averted my gaze to the floor.

"We have business to discuss. There must be a reason she left her grounder boyfriend to join her people." Octavia and Raven exchanged a glance again as Kane spoke.

Boyfriend. I held back a smile that was threatening to curve the corners of my lips. Boyfriend, of course.

"Someone has stolen the Night Bloods from Polis, Lexa had to leave to go to Polis." I looked at my mother, "This is an act of war. The alliance will be tested. It is best that I am here."

"The what?" Raven looked around the room to confirm everyone else's confusion.

I explained it to them the same way Lexa had described it to me. Everyone shared glances before nodding thoughtfully.

"Alright then. Welcome home kid." Kane patted my shoulder as he exited the room. Abby followed after him leaving Raven, Octavia, Lincoln, Bellamy and I alone.

Raven stood up and pointed her finger at me, "Clarke! You didn't!"

"She totally did!"

Lincoln looked to Bellamy who had an angry expression.

He raised his voice, "Who did that to you!" He gestured towards my neck.

"The commander of the twelve clans that's who!" Raven stood from her chair and patted Bellamy on the back. "Your princess found herself a Commander."

She walked up to me and winked before hugging me and walking away, Octavia and Lincoln close behind her.

"Is it true?" He looked at me sadly. "The commander? She...did that to you."

"Yes" I smiled and turned to follow the rest out of the room.