Made of Stone- 17

I didn't mean to flinch, but the moment Evan's cold eyes landed on me, I couldn't ease my shaking. He took one step towards me. I scooted back against the wall as I curled up on top of Alex's bed. I couldn't calm my heart, my eyes were blurry with tears and I had trouble breathing. Excruciating pain shot from my broken ribs and I felt more vulnerable than ever.  

Evan paused a few feet away from me, and although I wasn't looking at him, I could feel his hard eyes running over me. 

"Again, I asked why  is she here?"  Evan repeated his question in a low tone. 

"She's here because apparently you and Josh are trying to murder her,"  Alex replied in an equally icey cold tone, and I found myself trembling more violently. This is bad. This is so bad. "And I'm not up for this shit." 

"If she wasn't hiding a fuckin knife, none of that would have happened." Evan retorted. His voice not raising a pitch. But even though he looked calm, it felt as if his anger was about to burst out at any moment. "I'd rather her be dead, than having one of ours be compromised by some ratty little bitch." 

I dug my nails into my skin as Evan began stepping towards me again. 

Chris and Alex began arguing with Evan and their words faded away as I sunk deeper into fear. 

"P-Please, don't h-hurt me." I choked out the whisper. I wouldn't be able to handle another beating so soon after what happened earlier. Especially when I could barely breathe from the pain shooting from my ribcage. I couldn't emotionally handle any more cruelty day. 

Evan sighed and I felt the mattress sink as he sat at the foot of the bed. I didn't dare look up to meet his gaze.

After a long sigh, Evan asked, "Well, what the fuck were you two exactly arguing about?" 

"This dumbass was watching the news about her disappearance on TV, while she was sitting here." Chris made a general gesture towards me. 

"Agh, and why is that a problem, jackass?" Alex asked.

"Because the less she knows, the safer it is for us" Evan replied before Chris could utter the words. "And safer for her." Evan continued, I glanced up and saw his coldly eyeing me. 

Chris walked towards me and Evan who was sitting a few feet away from me. I flinched when he reached out his hand towards me. I didn't take it. "Evan, if you're gonna beat her up again, then she's staying in either my, or Alex's room. But then again, since Alex seems to be kind of a dumbass, she'll be staying with me." Alex cursed him back, and the two of them started bickering again, until Evan cleared his throat. 

"And since when, pray tell, do you make the decisions here?" Evan asked as he gave me a disgusted look. I furrowed my brow, my anxiety eating me alive. "Especially you Alex, you should be careful." 

"What are you going to do with me?" I found myself mumbling the question. 

"Seeing as how no one gives a shit about you, let alone notice if you're dead," Evan sighed, as if this was a given fact. As if his words didn't split my already bruised heart. "I don't think people will be looking for you, for more than a few days before they call it a day." 

I bit my inner cheek and dug my nails into my forearms.

  I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings.I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. I'm made of stone, I have no feelings. 

"P-please, if you let me go, I'll just say that I ran away. I'll never mention any of this!" I pleaded, my voice sounding more pathetic by the second. 

Evan rolled his eyes, before glancing at me. "Listen, I am gonna say this once, and only once." he said. "I'm not taking any chances. I'm not letting you go, unless it's in a body bag at the bottom of a lake." 

His earnest words, almost completely diminished my hope. Almost. 

"Also," Evan said, "I can make some use of you." 

"W-what?" I startled.

"I'm gonna exploit having you here. You will obey us, and work for us." Evan curled his lips into a smirk. "Your pathetic and useless life might start to have some purpose. You will fulfill every command I have." Evan's sadistic grin grew. "and you will thank me for using you." 

---------------------

Hope you like this chapter! Please let me know what you think, I love your comments <3 If you enjoyed this chapter please don't forget to click on the vote/like button! :D

Art by: Ko Byung Jun