Report (Part 2) - 37

Emma POV

I made sure to report everything to Evan; although, I kinda brushed over the details about vulgar comments and public humiliation that came my way. When I finished talking, Evan continued to blankly study my face. Sighing, he leaned back, his hands behind his head. His chilling blue eyes roamed over me leisurely, meanwhile the silence between us stretched.

"I am genuinely disappointed. To think wearing high heels was all it took for you to epicly fail" He finally huffed out. 

His words would've made me angry, but he was right. High fucking heels. I felt my lips painfully stretch into a humorless smile. Evan's face contorted into his signature condescending smirk. "That's funny to you?" 

"Mason should've taught me how to wear high heels, that's on you guys." I laughed, trying and failing to keep from hysterically laughing and crying at the same time. 

Evan and Chris watched me, taken aback. It only made me laugh harder. "Oh my god!" I started, but started laughing again, "your faces!" I pointed at them, my tears blurring my vision. 

"Emma?" Alex appeared at the doorway, Mason and Josh behind him. All of them watched me, dumbfounded and for some reason that was hilarious to me. 

"What is wrong with her?" Mason asked, his question directed towards Evan and Chris. "Why is her hair like this? Why is she acting like that?" 

I doubled forward clutching my stomach, I was wheezing. "What's wrong with me?!" My voice cracked, tears making it hard to make out their facial expressions. "Nothing! What could possibly be wrong with me?!" I could barely tell apart if I was crying or laughing. 

"Get a hold of yourself, this is disgusting." Josh spat out. I only laughed again, and used the heel of my hand to wipe the tears. 

Chris was about to yell at his brother in anger but Mason turned and punched Josh in the face. 

"How about you shut the fuck up, Josh?" Mason pushed Josh, his voice angry. "How about you give the poor girl a fucking break?! Is that too fucking much to ask for, shit stain?!" 

Evan leaned forward, reaching a hand towards me. I flinch away from him, and kicked at him. "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I screeched at him, and he stops. "Don't ever touch me!" I seethed through clenched teeth. 

I didn't realize I was clutching at Chris's arm protectively. When I met his eyes, I was met with pity and guilt in his eyes. Sniffling I buried my face in my hands, trying to stop sobbing. When I felt Chris's comforting touch on my shoulder I gave him a side glance. 

"Evan, Emma should get some rest." Chris said, his voice stern, his eyes filled with anger. "Josh," Chris added as he helped me to my feet, his grip firm yet gentle. Josh looked at his older brother, "keep this shit up, and I'm no longer your brother." His words seemed to have struck Josh because Josh seemed stunned. 

Evan nodded his head, ever so calm and cold. He looked almost amused. "Goodnight sweetheart," he smirked with smugness. 

Chris helped me out of the room, turning me away from Evan, so I don't have to look at Evan's smug face. On the way to his room Chris didn't utter a single word.

 When we got into his room and closed the door, Chris turned to me, and gripped his hands on my shoulders and gave me a hard look. "Emma, you have no idea how sorry I am." He started, then his voice turned into a low whisper, "I promise I'll help you." 

I looked at him closely, his intense blue eyes giving me a meaningful look. My eyes started watering again, my mouth trembled in an effort to keep from sobbing. I nodded at him and he hesitantly brought me into his arms for a tight embrace. I buried my face in his chest and cried in relief. 

"I will get you out of here." He whispered in my ear, his voice as calm as ever. "But you will need to follow my plan." I hugged him tighter and nodded. Chris is gonna help me!

Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay.  Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay.  Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay.

----------------------

Thank you for reading!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! PLEASE VOTE <3 

Tell me what you think! 

Do you think Emma should trust Chris? 

Why does Chris only now decides to promise to help Emma? 

Do you think high heels should still be legal?