The Truth

Niall's POV

"I thought they would never leave" I winked at Rachel. I walked in and plopped down on the couch. Rachel came in after me and sat down on my lap.

"Well hello Rachel" I smiled. She giggled.

"Hello Niall" She smiled.

"So what do you wanna do?" I asked.

"hmm...... We could have a party tonight! We need to go to the store though. It's gonna be awesome!!" She jumped.

"Owh.... No more jumping" I said with a half smile.

"Oh.. Sorry...." She laughed.

"A party sounds like a pretty good idea. We don't have a car though.."

"Hmm... Maybe we could walk?" She asked  with a half smile knowing that we might be mobbed. I wasn't sure if walking was such a great idea.

"I guess we could... I just would need to put shades on. Oh and you too" I said taking two pairs of shades out of my pocket. Don't ask.

Rachel nodded in understanding. I pulled my hoodie up and then we went out the door.

"It's nice to get out once in a while. Especially without the papparazzi watching your every move" I said with sadness in my voice. I really did miss that part of being normal, but you give up most of your privacy I guess.

"I bet! Privacy is not a word in the average celebrity's dictionary. I'm surprised they dont break into your bathroom and ask questions while you're peeing!" Rachel laughed.

"Yeah me too" I laughed.

"Seems like Louis fancies Kelcie" Rachel smiled, changing the subject.

"You think so?" I asked. She looked at me like I was crazy.

"You haven't seen them looking at each other? You didn't see them holding hands?" I shook my head.

"I only pay attention to you, Rachel. You are the only thing I see. You deserve to know that" I said putting my arm around her waist, bringing her closer to me. She looked up at me, a tear rolling down her cheek. I wiped it off with my thumb and hugged her. Rachel needed all the love she could get. I looked down at her beautiful face now with tears running down her cheeks silenty.

"Rachel?" She looked up to me.

"Yes...."

"I just want you to know that you can talk to me about everything... I don't understand why you do this... Please help me understand" I said looking into her light blue orbs. Rachel nodded and bit her lip.

Almost in an instance it started raining. Of course. I hugged Rachel for a little bit more in the rain. I tilted her chin so that she was looking straight into my eyes. I gently cupped her cheeks and kissed her gently.

Rachel's POV

I've always dreamed about a kiss in the rain. In this moment I felt so much more loved then I have ever before. Kissing Niall right now seems so right. Almost as if he knows me..... No one knows me.

I pulled away and hugged Niall. After that we kept walking to the store.

The sooner I tell him the better I guess.

"Niall" He looked at me instantly. I took a deep breath.

" Here's your answer. When I was little my dad beat my mom and that eventually led her to overdosing. After my mom was gone I was his next victim for several years until one day I took all of the money in a piggy bank I had saved and ran far far away from him. So I called Madison as soon as I was far enough away. She helped me look at houses but what she didn't know was that I was dealing with my pain and suffering in a way that left scars on my body. I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I felt worthless. You have no idea what it's like" A tear strolled down my face. Or was that rain? Who cares. I just want to see if Niall wants to see me ever again. I won't blame him if he wants to break up because i'm a mental girl.