↠ 8

"It's just a term that people call a guy when you are in a relationship." You said, hoping the hybrid would understand that.

Jimin stared at you with his brown eyes looking like he understood. "So am I your boyfriend?"

'He didn't understand...' You thought as you tried breaking it gently. "Um, no, you're my hybrid, Jimin."

Jimin continued looking at you. "When do I become your boyfriend then?"

'How do you even deal with this?!' You stood there for a moment, trying to say it in the nicest way possible. How do you say something like that?

Jimin whined a bit. "Are we not in a relationship? Can I be your boyfriend now?" He asked once more.

"Jimin..." You sighed a bit. "You're my hybrid, ok?"

He frowned at that. "I like the word boyfriend better."

How do you even respond to that? Oh gosh. "Huh?" Was your intelligent reply. Was it the best? Sometimes, but in this situation it was not.

Jimin smiled. "I like that word. I'm going to be your boyfriend."

You were dumbfounded. You didn't know what else to say. Jimin's nose sniffed the air and he cautiously went back to the table to smell some new food that had arrived. You were still stuck there as if lighting had struck you.

"Well they do say male hybrids tend to be more possessive." Wendy came up right next to you.

"How do I even...?" You trailed off, trying to think.

Your friend shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know. You gotta stand firm I guess? I never had male hybrids so I don't know what to say..." She flung her black hair back as it managed to get in front of her shoulder. "You probably need to take him to a vet soon and get him heat restraining supplements."

"I forgot about that." You rubbed your head. "I need to do that tomorrow."

"I wish you all the luck and may you be blessed."

"Thanks. I'm going to need it." You said as you watched Jimin getting some food and happily chewing on it.

Now you were home, taking a shower. The party had gone great although it lasted for about two hours since after all it was a weekday. Though the family had invited you again to have a big party for all the other family members who didn't have a chance to go to today's. You were still deciding if you wanted to go or not.

Jimin had kept bugging you about other "relationship" words during the whole walk back. You weren't even sure why he wanted to learn more about it. You didn't want to corrupt his innocent mind like that.

You got out of the shower and dried off. Tomorrow, you would have to take Jimin to the vet and get him some supplements. You totally forgot about the "heat" hybrids went through.

It was only natural as they were part animal. Their main goal was to have offspring so it was normal for them. There were two ways to help a hybrid go through it. One was to give them a shot with supplements that helped reduce the pain they felt through their week period of heat. It was meant to go to the lowest point where they wouldn't be able to feel it. The second way was the owner to "help" them through it. People say the second method always worked better than the first but you weren't betting on that.

You dried your hair with the blow dryer and tried recalling your childhood hybrids. They were always calm and you didn't remember them going through heats in pain. Your parents gave them supplements and shots so they didn't worry about anything.