↠ 26

You bit your lip as you waited at the crosswalk. Work had just finished and now here you were trying to get home. And you were maybe a little bit anxious. This morning, Jungkook had asked if he could go look at the art shop around the corner.

He was tempted by it yesterday as you walked past it to get back to your apartment. So, you had said yes as long as he brought someone with him. You were just a bit afraid if something happened to them. Plus you were hoping it wasn't Jimin and those two would most likely try to buy the whole store.

The light signaled for you to go and so you did. You walked around a duo that was walking painfully slow. C'mon, you had places to be! As you rounded the corner, you bumped into someone. "Oh sorry." You mumbled and glanced up at the person.

"No problem." The mysterious man said in a deep voice that you had to do a double take. Then he went off in his own way. You watched him go as you were a bit confused. His body felt a bit cold... Shrugging it off, you continued on your way.

"Out!" A loud voice yelled that even caught the attention of the people walking by and so did you. Confused, you were thinking that someone was going to get kicked out for stealing or something but what surprised you was a hybrid getting kicked out.

The poor hybrid stumbled and fell on his knees. He scrambled up and faced the store. "B-But Master! I-" Clothes were thrown at him that made him shut up as they hit his face.

"Shut up!" An angry older woman growled out as her furious gaze landed on the hybrid whose small ears flattened against his head. "You're just clingy! Why can't I have my own space?! You're also useless compared to my other good hybrid! Leave me alone and never show your face again!" She threw something to the ground and stormed inside.

The hybrid was aware as he could feel eyes on him. So, he ducked his head a bit and bent down to pick up the collar the woman just threw. He was shaking and small sniffles were heard. People whispered about it or continued walking.

You sent a glare towards the store, vowing to never shop there. Your heart just broke, witnessing the abandonment of a hybrid. What kind of human does that? Carefully, you walked up to the crying hybrid who started to pick up a few of his clothes.

"Hey there." You said in your softest tone. The hybrid flinched and looked at you with teary eyes. "You okay?" You asked and helped him pick up the rest of his clothes.

He nodded although he kept his gaze away from you once you spoke. You stood back up and frowned a bit. "Where are you going?"

He took his clothes from you once you asked that and shrugged a shoulder. "I don't know." His ears were still downcast. "Thank you." He said and started to walk off aimlessly.

You bit the inside of your cheek harshly. You watched as he slowly walked down the sidewalk and you slowly began to follow him. The gears in your mind turned as you thought about the small raise you earned and judging by the small ears on his head, you figured he had to be a hybrid of a small animal. Maybe a mouse or hamster?

"H-Hey!" You called out, ignoring the glances you got.

The hybrid turned around, his eyes wide and he pointed to himself. You nodded and jogged over there. "Would you like a home?" You asked and his brown eyes widened although they were still red from crying.

"Me?" He questioned and hugged his clothes tighter to himself.

"Yep." You smiled at him and he thought about it.

"Is this a trap?" He asked and wiped his tears away.

You shook your head and held out your hand. "Nope. C'mon, let's go back to my apartment."

The hybrid glanced at your hand then to your face. His eyes kept flickering, thinking about whether to trust you or not. "O-Okay." He took your hand.

"Awesome!" You grinned and a soft heart shaped smile appeared on his features. "Just a warning that I have four other hybrids that may or may not get angry with me."

"Huh?" He tilted his head, some pieces of his dark brown hair obscured his eyes.

You just smiled innocently and tugged the hybrid all the way to your apartment. He followed you and gripped the collar in his hand a little bit tighter.

Arriving at your apartment, you took a deep breath. "Ok, I'm so sorry if they scare you at first. They're just wild."

"W-What?" The hybrid was obviously slightly afraid.

"I'm sure we'll be fine!" You replied confidently and opened up the door.

Upon entering, the first hybrid that you spotted was Seokjin. He had peeked his head around from the kitchen. At once, you could smell the food he was cooking. "Welcome back, Y/N." He smiled and then his dark eyes landed on the hybrid behind you. "Who's that?"

Before you could say anything, a very happy voice caught your attention.

"Y/N!" Jimin rushed out from nowhere and got you into a hug. "I missed you so much! And-" His brown eyes landed on the new hybrid by your side. He growled out. "Did you hurt my Y/N?"

"Jimin, he's probably going to be your new brother." You scratched his head.

"Oh." Jimin softly said. "But you're still mine."

"Jimin, no."

"Jimin, yes." He mumbled.