↠ 45

It was only a couple of minutes after you left until Namjoon stirred. He groggily opened his eyes and immediately spotted the two hybrids who couldn't let him sleep last night. He had to do something and apparently the two hybrids did not really like the hybrid when he was in this form. It felt like a challenge to them and besides, he was more aware of everything happening in this form. And looks like the little plan worked so far!

He just wouldn't talk about how you scratched his ears although it did feel good.

The mountain lion slowly stood up and stretched out his long body, feeling the knots of sleep tighten and slowly fade away. He let out a yawn and looked towards your bedroom door. The hybrid slowly shifted back to his human form and put on his clothes that he was previously laying on. The contrast of warmth and the chilly air made him glad that he slept on them.

Namjoon glanced at your bedroom and then the door opened. The snake hybrid walked out, yawning but stopped immediately once he was the mountain lion there. "What are you doing?" He asked, and Namjoon wasn't sure if his voice was this deep after waking up or it was his normal one.

"I was debating on telling you that I was going to follow your owner today." Namjoon answered and the snake shrugged in response.

The hybrid only glared at him. "You don't need to." He hissed. "We can do it just fine so- hey! Where are you going?"

Namjoon left him standing there as he quickly rushed out the front door. Due to his awkward nature, he didn't want to leave at the same time as you since he wouldn't know how to keep you company. Or in fears that you would say to leave you alone. And so he slightly sniffed the air and immediately caught onto your scent.

The mountain lion ran along, getting curious looks from other hybrids and people. He scoffed at them. Why couldn't they just look away? He continued on until he spotted your figure with some other figures...

Oh no.

You thought today was going to be a good day? It was all a false lie. You were just happily walking along, trying to get to work when you were stopped by two unknown hybrids. Well, one of them looked a little familiar.

And now here you were.

The taller of the duo glared at you while the dog hybrid started pointing at you. "This is the one! That's the scent Namjoon had on him!"

The other male leaned in a bit close to you. His large rounded ears flicked a bit and his eyes scanned you everywhere. "What were you doing with Namjoon?"

You absolutely did not have time for this. "Look," You took a step back to put some distance between you and the hybrids. "I don't get what you mean or what but I'm just trying to get to work to even survive. So if you excuse me." You walked past the hybrids until the one with rounded ears took a hold of your arm.

Immediately, you glared at him and he returned the same look. "You'll listen to me, human. What were you trying to do with Namjoon? Seduce him? Make him one of your slaves? That disgusts me." He hissed out and now his sleek tail was flicking behind him.

You were ready to go off on a rant with this hybrid until there was a loud growl and another familiar hand ripped off the unknown hybrid off of you. Namjoon's tall body got in between you and his tail whipped back and forth in an annoyed manner.

"Namjoon?" The male asked. "What are you doing and what is with the news that you left?"

"You heard me right, Kai." said Namjoon. "I left and you better stop harassing my owner."

The male called Kai scoffed. "Owner? You mean you're the slave to a human now? I can't believe you." Besides him, the dog hybrid agreed with him. You think you remember his name... Lou? Eh, you'll go with it.

"Not all hybrids are slaves to humans." Namjoon explained. "I know we still have a long way to go under the government but what I learned is that there are exceptions."

It was all quiet for a moment. The atmosphere turned into static and then Kai sent a fast punch to Namjoon's face. You let out a small gasp and tried to help Namjoon out but he had other plans. The mountain lion took a step back and hissed out in pain. Namjoon looked pissed now as his dark eyes set on Kai. And so the two hybrids got into a fight. Both of them leaped at each other - shifting into their animal forms in mid air.

Now it was obvious that Namjoon was a bit smaller than the lion hybrid. Both big cats circled around each other, hackles raised and teeth bared at each other.

You slightly panicked because what the hell do you do when two hybrids are fighting? You can't call the police since Namjoon might get taken away as well and like hell you were strong enough as a hybrid. You glanced around, thankful that this street was less busy this morning and-

Never mind. You flipped off a person who was already making a call. You had to get Namjoon out of here fast. In that small meantime, both cats had scratches on their bodies and some blood was already starting to spill.

Lou turned to you with a blank look. "Sorry but I gotta take you to my pack to question you."

"No." You smacked his hand away once he tried reaching out for you. The dog hybrid was about to reach out again when there was a loud hiss and Yoongi's hand appeared out of nowhere. Now this turned into some party.

Two of your hybrids arrived and now you were even panicking more. Lou scrunched up his nose. "A cat?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Yes dog, now get out of here before my friend decides to rip you into pieces."

"Ha! Bet it's another cat." Lou turned around to meet your other hybrid and your once bubbly Hoseok was replaced with something far more dangerous. You were just glad that you were on the other side of Lou. The dog hybrid whined softly. "I sense... a bear...?"

Hoseok let out a deep rumble that spread even to your ears. "Yes. Now leave." He commanded and at once Lou nodded his head and quickly got out of there. The fight between Namjoon and Kai continued on, more bite wounds being left on each other and now it looked like Namjoon earned a big gash on his side. Although it was the same on Kai. You could see a gash on his hind leg and on his face.

Then that's when your heart dropped. Sirens were heard faintly in the distance.

"We need to get Namjoon out of here!"

Yoongi nodded. "Hoseok," He called out to the bear hybrid. "Make sure the lion doesn't get near us."

Hoseok nodded and got right in between the two hybrids. Kai paused momentarily and backed away when the deep rumble left Hoseok. Yoongi and you managed to get Namjoon to the side. Everything was at a standstill and Kai let out a huff. The lion started to limp away when the sirens came closer.

And you were freaking out more.

You and Yoongi tried to pick up the mountain lion but sadly he was too heavy. Hoseok snapped out of his dangerous state and rushed over to help. He easily picked up Namjoon, having him over his shoulder. "Alright, we gotta go fast." Yoongi said as the lights started to appear in the distance. All three of you started rushing back home while Namjoon was starting to fade in and out of consciousness.

It was okay. In this short time that you met Namjoon, you knew that he was going to be alright.