↠ 42

Good thing that Hoseok and Yoongi were up. The two hybrids managed to get the rabbit and corgi off of you as you got ready for work. You slipped by the hybrids who were now all up and figuring out how to deal with the two hybrids in heat. A few hours passed by and you were ready for lunch. It was a bit lonely today as Wendy wasn't here today. She texted you earlier that she wasn't going in today due to a cold.

And at the same time, you were dreading lunch.

Sei texted you earlier that he just arrived this morning and wanted to go for lunch. You'll admit that you sort of forgot about him. It was time to let him go.

Now here you wait at the restaurant. Your heart was beating nervously as you watched people come and go. At last you spotted the familiar male. At first you didn't recognize him but you watched as his eyes made eye contact with yours. He smiled as he walked over to you.

You stood up and greeted him with a hug. "Hi."

"Hey." Sei took a seat across from you. "How are you doing?"

You wanted to come at this from the start. Your hands were sweaty as you opened your mouth to speak. "Can we talk about something?"

Sei dropped his happy expression as a concerned mask took over his face. "Sure, about what?"

"Well," You clasped your hands together and let them rest on the table. "I just think that we're not compatible..." You trailed off, unsure how to form the next words.

Sei stayed quiet, processing your words. "I understand." A sad smile appeared on his face. "I've been away too much, haven't I?"

You didn't answer his question. "I'm sorry, you're just a great guy and I did like all the times we went out-"

"It's okay." Sei reached out and gently placed his hand on yours. "I enjoyed being your boyfriend. Can we still be friends?"

"Of course." You smiled at him. Now that you let him go, you felt almost free. It wasn't fair to him if you couldn't even remember what he looked like. But it was okay. You'll learn how to love someone else again.

You walked alone back to your home. It seemed that Taehyung stayed working a bit late at his job since he had called you at the office. You're not even sure how he figured out your extension number but you think you won't question the sly snake. You just continued enjoying the evening air.

There was a low number of people walking about. You continued on ahead then there was some running footsteps coming from behind. Curiously, you turned your head back to see some figure running your way. You just jumped out of the way but the figure halted in his tracks.

He whipped his head to you, eyes glaring at your form. "You!" He shouted angrily.

"Uh what?" You asked confusingly. Who the hell was he?

"You're the one who has that scent!" He barked. The ears on top of his head flattened against his skull. Behind him, his tail went rigid as a growl escaped from his throat. Now you were wary of this unknown hybrid.

"Look, I don't know who you are so-"

You were interrupted when the dog hybrid grabbed your arm. "You have the scent! You need to explain yourself!"

You sent him a glare. "Let go of me!" You tried ripping your arm away but the dog hybrid just kept clinging on. "I said to let go of me."

The dog hybrid growled. "Pathetic human. You need to explain-" He was interrupted as another hand shot out of nowhere. The arm pried the hand away from you. As soon as you were free, you stepped back quickly. The hybrid whined a bit and glared at the other hybrid.

The other hybrid's tail was swishing angrily behind him. And was carrying a bag with food that seemed familiar? "Get out of here."

"What?" The dog hybrid said and lost all of his anger. "Namjoon! You need to fucking explain why you were near a human! Ka-"

"Shut up." The said Namjoon growled out and glared at the dog hybrid. "I left the stupid pack or whatever you want to call it. She's my owner now. Now get out of my sight, Lou." He finally let go of the dog hybrid.

Lou simply growled once more and stalked off. The so-called hybrid Namjoon watched him leave and then turned to you. He glanced at the bag in his hand and held it out to you. "Here. I'm sorry that I took your food."

You studied him closely and now you pieced the puzzle together. "Ah, you're the little rude mountain lion, aren't ya?"

He frowned at that. "I'm sorry. I don't really like humans but you're nice."

"Well, thanks." You took the bag back. "But wasn't that your friend or something?"

"Used to be." He averted his gaze. "It's a long story but now here I am."

Another thing bothered you. "And can you explain why you declared me as your owner?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Oh." The hybrid flattened his ears against his head. "Well, you see... The pack I was in may or may not try to attack you since they caught your scent on me. They don't like humans and I feel obligated to help protect you until they stop since it's my fault."

"Great."

"Sorry." He apologized. "I know it's sudden, but can I just stay with you for a while until they stop? I think they'll forget this whole thing in a few weeks or so."

You let out a sigh. The sight in front of you was too much. His clothes were a bit ragged and you could see a small cut on his cheek. He just looked so lost. "I guess. Well, I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you."

The hybrid perked up and he flashed you a smile, revealing something that was too adorable. Dimples? On this tough looking hybrid? Now he looked like a little house cat! "Nice to meet you. My name is Namjoon."