↠ 19

Walking hand in hand, you were heading back to your apartment. You were just happy that now Yoongi was starting to be more open with you! After coming from the vet's, you headed to the same store as he picked out more clothes. When it was time for collars, he looked oddly confused.

"So, I have to wear one?" He had asked.

"Yeah..." You said with disappointment in your tone. "It's required by law."

Yoongi picked up the emotion in your tone and had continued looking at the different ones on the wall. He had chosen one that was a black thin one. Now after purchasing everything, you put it on for him and slightly adjusted it around his neck. Clipping on his tag, he was now officially yours out in public. Yoongi had looked at you and with a tilt of his head said, "Thanks. I never had an owner before."

With almost tears in your eyes, you had hugged him. Yoongi wanted to push you away at first but he slowly relaxed against your form. So, he was slowly lowering his walls around you. When you guys were ready to go home, he had asked if you two could hold hands. It made you feel happy that Yoongi was getting comfortable now!

Now here you two were waiting at a crosswalk. You were carrying his two bags full of clothes that would fit him more nicely. Every now and then, his claws would dig into your palm. You didn't mind it that much. You would put up with the pain for now. Then suddenly, his hand tightened around yours and his pupils dilated a bit.

"Yoongi? What's wrong?" You immediately asked as he started moving you two away from the crosswalk that was about to turn green any second.

"I sense something dangerous." He muttered, eyes fluttering everywhere and you were sure that his fur would be raised. You took a glance at the other hybrids who were with their owners and then suddenly they too became like Yoongi. They started talking to their owners and slowly making them back away.

It wasn't until you heard the shout of a policeman saying; "Everyone, back up!"

Yoongi started dragging you across the street in the opposite way. Once you reach the sidewalk, you glanced back to see people following your way or going back the way you came. As you took a glance at the street where the police were (near the area of the crosswalk) you could see a group of hybrids snarling. You weren't sure what was going on.

Yoongi let out a hiss and pushed you back behind him. In front of him, police cars screeched to a stop and a few officers jumped out of them. One of them reached where you and a couple of other people gathered. "Please leave the area." He commanded and Yoongi had one of those angry noises bubbling in his throat.

You started to pull Yoongi away and the truck doors opened. Officers immediately had police dogs with them. You were positive they were dog hybrids in their animal form. One of them even had a crow hybrid resting on the shoulder of the officer. The officer said something and the crow took off into the air, flying above the group of hybrids.

The group of hybrids now traveled towards the intersection of the street. From here, you could make out an aggressive dog hybrid snapping at the police along with the hybrids working with them. Screeches appeared in the air as a hawk appeared in the sky and chased the crow hybrid. Then a crocodile was poised with his teeth. A lion circled around the circle of the hybrids and a mountain lion ran in from somewhere joining the lion.

"Everyone, back!" One of the officers commanded once again. Just like you, there were still a few people who stayed behind to watch what was going on. They also had shocked looks on their faces. "I said back!" Two more came in to help him with the crowd and as you were about to tug along Yoongi away from this mess, one guy came up and grabbed your arm.

"Miss, get out of here." His tone was unfriendly and you were about to pull your arm away from him when Yoongi hissed and in a flash scratched the man's hand. He let you go and Yoongi pulled you closer to him.

The man swore from the rather deep scratches and you managed to catch the attention of a hybrid. You could see that the mountain lion was staring over at the commotion with a calm expression.

"W-We were leaving." You mumbled but tightly grabbed Yoongi's hand and moved away from the scene. Tightly, your hand clasped around Yoongi's as you went through another route home. You bit your lip, heart racing from the commotion.

You were on a semi busy street. You turned to Yoongi and let your hands grab his face to make him look at you. He was still looking behind him every now and then. "Yoongi," Your eyes searched his face. "Are you okay?"

Yoongi blinked at you and then furrowed his eyebrows. "What? I-I'm fine but are you?"

You nodded. "Yeah, I am. I'm just checking on you." You let go of his face.

"Why would you worry about me first?" Yoongi questioned. "Don't you worry about yourself first?"

You just blinked at the male. "Why wouldn't I?"

Yoongi only stared at you, obviously confused about everything. "C'mon little softie, let's go home." You said.

He only slightly frowned at the nickname. "I guess."

"Look at you! You're cute!" You happily smiled at the male and grabbed his hand to tug him along.

Yoongi could only frown at your sudden change of eagerness. Maybe a way to forget the whole incident? Still, it didn't help him as his cheeks were slightly flushed at you worrying about him. He sort of liked it.

You haven't even set foot into the apartment when you were almost tackled to the floor by Jimin. Sometimes, you wonder if Jimin was always on a sugar rush. "Welcome back Y/N!" He happily cheered. His gaze landed on Yoongi who awkwardly took his hand back. "And welcome back, cat."

Yoongi only responded with a glare. All you could do was sigh and force both the hybrids inside. The cat hybrid took his bags and rushed into the guest room to escape the gaze of the dog hybrid. Immediately, Seokjin smiled at you. "Hello! How was the trip?" He politely asked.

Your mind flashed to the incident earlier. You're still not sure what even happened. "It was good. What did you two do while we were gone?"

Seokjin and Jimin's eyes lit up with excitement. "I taught Jimin some more reading!"

Jimin nodded excitedly. "Hyung is a really good teacher!"

You smiled at the two of them. Then an idea popped in your mind. "Why don't we go to the park tomorrow? We can relax tomorrow."

Seokjin stared at you and Jimin's mouth was parted in surprise. "Really?" The dog hybrid looked like he was getting to tackle you into a hug again. All you could do was nod happily as Jimin hugged you tightly.