↠ 28

Fingers typing on the keyboard, you were absorbed in your work. Your lunch break was nearing soon but you didn't even feel hungry at the time. You mentally praised yourself as you completed one of the assignments.

Taking a small break, you leaned back in the chair and sighed. You let your fingers rest for a moment as your eyes trailed to the clock on the wall. Just a few more hours until you go home! Your eyes then flickered to your phone that rested on your desk. The text from Sei still fresh in your mind.

He had typed out an apology, saying that other business had pulled him to another country. You frowned, knowing that this was a common occurrence. But the strange thing was that you may have slightly forgot that he had gone on a business trip. It was strange. Before, you would mark your calendar on the day that he was to come home and you would greet him with a giant hug. Ever since, you had adopted your hybrids into your life, you just seemed to forget that Sei existed.

You rubbed your temple and some thoughts entered your mind. Ones that would probably be better for you.

"Y/N!" A very familiar voice called out.

Jumping in surprise, you peeked around the corner of your cubicle and widened your eyes in shock. "J-Jimin? Jungkook?" You questioned in disbelief and the two hybrids saw your face peeking.

Giant smiles lit up their faces and happily walked over to you with a skip in their steps. "This is where you work?" Jimin excitedly asked and sat down on an empty space on your desk. His bright eyes trailed over all the papers on the desk and the rabbit hybrid looked at the shelf in your cubicle.

"What are you two doing here?" You asked and tried to think of any reason as to why they were here.

"Oh!" Jungkook exclaimed and placed a bag on your desk. "Yoongi sent us here to give this to you!"

Curiously, you raised an eyebrow and peeked inside. And there was some delicious-looking food there. "Why did Yoongi send this?"

This time Jimin piped up. "Yoongi said that you didn't have a proper breakfast this morning and he told us to find give this to you at work."

"How did you know where I worked?" You asked, honestly curious to know how they found you.

A proud smile formed on Jimin's face and he lightly tapped his nose. "I followed your scent."

"Oh." You replied, feeling a bit stupid that hybrids had obviously better senses and of course your dog hybrid would follow your scent. "How's the others doing?"

"Hoseok is doing okay but he doesn't like talking to us much." Jungkook said and his ears went down.

"I'm sure he needs more time to adjust." You reassured him and the rabbit nodded.

"Ooh!" Jimin slightly exclaimed. "Yoongi is taking care of Seokjin right now. Maybe that's why Hoseok is not talking to us that much."

Now you were really confused. Your most mature hybrid needs to be taken care of? Thoughts ran inside your mind as you thought that Jin may have hurt himself. "Is Seokjin okay? Did he hurt himself or something?"

Jimin shook his head that made his bright tan hair bounce. "No. Yoongi says that Seokjin was going to start his heat later today."

Of course. It had to be your responsible hybrid and here you thought it was most likely going to be Jimin. "Oh." You let out a sigh. "Well, you two help Yoongi take care Jin, okay?"

"We will!" Jungkook happily agreed and Jimin nodded his head.

"Thanks you two." You glanced at the clock to see that they had been here for ten minutes. "Okay, now you two better get home, okay?" You stood up from your chair to give them hugs. Jimin went first and hugged you tightly. After a moment, Jungkook slithered his way in to hug you as he pushed Jimin away.

The dog hybrid pouted and then a mischievous smile lit up his face. With a glint in his eyes, he faked a whimper and his corgi ears went down. "Y/N... Kookie hurt me." That made the rabbit hybrid widened his eyes in surprise and you could already see the fake facade that the dog hybrid was putting up. "Can I get a kiss to heal me?" He pointed at his cheek and let his puppy eyes come into play.

"You won't leave until I give you one?" You sighed as the corgi hybrid nodded rapidly. You rolled your eyes at the fake act and briefly placed a light-hearted kiss on his cheek. Jimin smiled, his pinch-able cheeks holding a faint blush to them.

Meanwhile, Jungkook watched in fascination. The way that the older hybrid used his eyes and an act to get what he wanted. And so he needed to try it too. Jungkook put his rabbit ears down and lightly pouted. He was about to say something when the corgi hybrid took hold of his wrist. "We have to go now, Kookie!"

Jungkook opened his mouth to protest when he was cut off again. "Bye Y/N! Have a fun day!" And the dragged poor Jungkook away.

You could only shake your head a bit as you were about to do the same thing to Jungkook when Jimin decided that it was the perfect time to go home now. Your stomach rumbled at the food and so you sat down to eat. Don't worry, you totally didn't forget that there was Seokjin who was starting his heat soon. You would need to be cautious at home.

The two hybrids walked down the sidewalk, Jimin having a skip in his step. Jungkook pouted as his eyes flickered around. "Jimin..." He said that made the bright tan hair male stop in his tracks. "Teach me how to do that."

"That?" Jimin tilted his head to the side. "You mean like skipping?"

Jungkook shook his head that made some of his black hair fall into his eyes. "No. What you did earlier with Y/N."

Jimin let a knowing smile come onto his face. "Well, that's easy. You just have to make yourself look innocent." He explained like it was the alphabet.

The rabbit hybrid could only nod slowly in response. "And I can get anything I want?" He tilted his head a bit.

Jimin shrugged a shoulder. "Maybe. It all depends on the timing. Now, c'mon, let's go home before the cat comes after us." He started on the way home to which Jungkook followed. As he did, Jungkook happened to glance across the street.

There was a pair of hybrids who were casually walking along the sidewalk. It was just that Jungkook recognized one of them. One of the hybrids was from the grocery store, his Yoongi-like ears peeking from his light brown hair and his tail slightly swaying with each step he took. The other hybrid wrapped his arm around the neck of the other one and together they rounded the corner and disappeared from sight.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, clearly remembering the way the hybrid had growled at him when he slightly bumped into him at the grocery store. Eh, it wasn't his problem anyways. Jungkook sped up his walk with the corgi to get home faster and to not get scolded by Yoongi.