↠ 37

Jungkook blinked at the threat from the unknown hybrid. Prey? He managed to survive a fight with a raccoon and a dog before! He could probably take him on as well. "I can beat you." He boldly declared.

The hybrid raised an eyebrow in amusement. "You? Beat me?" His eyes looked up and down the young hybrid. He took one step closer to him and leaned down to his level. His face was near the rabbit hybrid's face. "Prey can never beat predator. I bet you would be weak to even protect your owner if you had one."

The rabbit just stared at him with doe eyes as his anger built up. And in order to prove his point, Jungkook swiped his right leg and the hybrid fell to the floor. An angry growl erupted within the unknown hybrid and his claws came out. Jungkook smiled at him before taking off. He had to lose him first so that he can find you and get out of here. Also, he didn't want to admit that his instincts told him to run. He could hear the hybrid running after him and thanks to Jungkook's speed he turned the corner fast which made the poor stray hybrid slip when turning.

Jungkook felt proudness swell up in him. Slowly, the other hybrid got up and his angry eyes pinned straight on his prey. With another smile, Jungkook took off with the stray hybrid following his every move.

Too bad falcons and snakes couldn't track a scent. If only Jimin had stayed with you then maybe you could find all your missing hybrids in a quick minute. One day dreams will come true. "Where could they have gone?" You muttered and peeked into every store.

"I don't know." Seokjin replied honestly. "I'm sure they won't leave the mall anyways." Besides him the snake hybrid nodded to agree.

You let out a sigh and continued your search. After a few minutes, the snake hybrid stopped. "Um owner?" He hesitantly called you out. "I-I found Jungkook..."

"Where?" You asked, eyes searching for him. The snake hybrid pointed in the direction and your heart dropped again. Jungkook was running and you could see some other hybrid after him. "What the actual hell?"

The rabbit hybrid skidded to a stop, almost tripping over his own feet once he spotted you. "What's going on?!" You immediately said and slowly the hybrid behind him slowed down. He was obviously confused as to what was happening and from your sudden outburst.

"I told you not to leave my side!" You lightly scolded the rabbit hybrid. "We need to find the others." Jungkook nodded and had a small pout on his face. Although he was glad that the other hybrid stopped his chase.

"Sorry." You turned to the other hybrid. He looked familiar? Did you see him earlier in the mall? His piercing eyes were pinned on you now and you didn't have any time for his negative energy when you need to find three more hybrids. "Don't you glare at me." He lightly flinched and his tail drooped low.

You just dragged the rabbit hybrid with the other two behaved hybrids following. You searched high and low for the other missing ones and at least you spotted one. "Jimin!" You shouted and that made Jimin jump in surprise and drop the hat onto the ground. He immediately placed the hat back and sheepishly walked over to you. "Please find Yoongi and Hoseok." You said and Jimin nodded. He could feel that you were slightly angry.

Jimin's nose twitched a little and caught onto the scents. He led you over to a furniture store. You were confused and followed the corgi hybrid to the mattress section. Your eyes glanced around and you let out a sigh once you spotted the duo.

Yoongi was curled up on the mattress and Hoseok was standing besides him, wearing a frown on his face. "Yoongi, please get up!" He whined. "Y/N will get angry for disappearing! It's been half an hour!"

There was a low rumble from the cat. "I haven't taken my nap. You need to stop complaining and let me rest."

"But it's still morning!" He crossed his arms. "I don't see why I need to keep a lookout." He concluded and looked up to meet your eyes. He paled and kicked the mattress. "Get up!" He angrily whispered.

The cat hybrid ignored his command. You just kept a smile on your face as you stood opposite of Hoseok. "Yeah, why don't you get up Yoongi?"

His cat tail twitched and his eyes opened. "Could you not-" Then his eyes widened once he realized it wasn't Hoseok who said that. "O-Oh!" His ears went down.

"I thought I told everyone to stay by my side." You said and made a point to look at the disappearing hybrids. They nodded shyly and no one dare to speak a word. Seeing that it was still morning, you made sure everyone was in a group and went into any store that they want. A couple of hours passed and it was time for lunch. Gathering all the hybrids, you made your way to a small restaurant a block from the mall to have them eat lunch.

Lucky for you, there was a large table that could house all the hybrids. You made sure that no one got too excited for them to disturb anyone else. You mentally cried seeing the bill but you told yourself not to worry. It was for your adorable hybrids! Minus the exception of the snake who kept on tagging along and told you that he would pay you back.

It wasn't even ten minutes when you left the restaurant when Jimin asked that he could have ice cream. Next thing you know, you were at the ice cream shop and even got Seokjin and the snake hybrid an extra scoop for actually sticking by you. Though they gave jealous glances at the extra scoops, they still enjoyed it. You took everyone to the park so that they could finish it.

"Owner!" The snake hybrid said suddenly. "What is your flavor?"

"Hm? Oh, chocolate with-" You didn't even finish when the snake hybrid had quickly struck and licked a bit of your ice cream. The other hybrids sent him a look. "What-"

"It's so good!" He smiled happily and you could see his body moving around with happiness. He licked more of his ice cream. You only sighed and ate around the part he licked. "Owner?" He asked again, a smile still present on his face. "Will you be adopting me?"

You stopped eating to look at him. That caught the attention of everyone else. Could you even take another hybrid in? You thought about it and ever so slowly his smile began to fade. "You don't want to, huh? I understand that many people don't like reptile hybrids." He looked away and his eyes seemed to become misty. "I-I'm sorry for bugging you. I'll just pay you back and head out..."

Oh no. He was going to cry. That tugged on your heartstrings at once. It got you quickly thinking. He was mostly independent so it shouldn't be too hard, right? The words slipped out of your mouth. "I'll adopt you."

He flinched and looked at you, his eyes were a bit red now. "R-Really?" You nodded and once you did, he smiled widely and hugged you. He was careful to make sure the ice cream didn't get in the way. "Thank you! Thank you! I promise that I'll be the bestest snake!"

You laughed and patted his head. Your other hybrids just stared at their new brother. "Let's figure out your name..." You thought about from your show. Only two characters left. The name Namjoon didn't exactly fit him but the other name might. "How about Taehyung?"

He pulled away, blinking at the foreign word. "Taehyung?" He tested it out and let a gigantic smile spread across his face. "I like it!"

"Alright." You smiled at him. "Welcome to the family, Taehyung."