Eye Popping!

Last Time:

The headmaster left his office to find the Deputy headmistress, "Minerva, would you see me in my office. We need to discuss something." Dumbledore said and the transfiguration professor obediently followed him ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Blaise smirked as Draco watched Cache walk Ginny out of the Great Hall after breakfast, "He would make a great mate." He said with a longing sigh as if he meant 'mate' as boyfriend, but he only ever means 'mate' as in the traditional friend meaning. Like how he always calls Draco his mate or best mate. He always means friend, but he wanted to see how easily he can get Draco to react and sure enough the violent twitching in Draco's eyebrow paired with a barely concealed homicidal glare was Blaise's answer.

"He's not your type." Draco said trying to ignore Crabbe and Goyle who were sulking behind them. It's like they wanted to be part of the conversation, but Blaise set up a privacy bubble so no one could hear him and Draco.

"You're right. He's more your type apparently." Blaise snickered at the shocked expression on Draco's face. "You aren't as subtle as you like to think Draco."

"Shut up." Draco snapped trying to hide his blush.

"Calm down. I can see why you like him. Tell me about him." Blaise said mentally getting ready to use every detail to help Draco get closer to Cache.

Draco huffed, but after a moment of sulking he sighed, "He was raised by muggles."

"That much is obvious considering he carries around that muggle music player, but what else?" Blaise urged trying to get his friend to think.

Draco opened his mouth to say something about Cache's home at Eventide or about the potion to fix nerve damage or the scars that were healed, but he stopped himself since it was too personal. "He ... he likes blue, prefers fresh vegetables, is open minded and respectful of all creatures. He has patience if he can put up with that idiot Granger. Professor Snape likes him so he is a hard worker ... he might've had a difficult life, but it didn't stop him." He said taking into everything he noticed during the time he had been with Harry.

Blaise smiled at the soft smile that came to Draco's lips, "You have it bad for him." He grinned earning a glare from the blonde, "This is a good start. You should ask him some muggle related question like ... I'll think of something, but it will help you understand him better if you knew a little more." He said ignoring Draco's rolling eyes.

XXXXXXXXXX

"Hello, Professor Snape." Ginny greeted as Cache shut the door to Severus's living quarters and took a seat near the desk.

"Good morning, Ms. Weasley. Your father will be flooing here in a moment and Percy is dragging your brother here as we speak." Severus said and gestured for her to take a seat.

As Ginny sat down she became a little nervous, "Ummm ... it's just my father right? Not my mother too?"

"Yes, your father made a point of saying it will only be him." Severus confirmed and he and Cache noticed that she looked rather relieved that it will be only her father, which was curious to say the least.

"Speaking of your mother, you know that proposal Ron mentioned?" Ginny, like a true Slytherin, caught the hint towards Ron's comment about her marrying Harry Potter right away. "Apparently there was a payment that was higher than the payments Ron, your mother and Granger were being given. It was for you from Dumbledore through my vaults."

Ginny blinked and tears started shining in her eyes as she realized her mother sold her, "I'll pay you-"

"That's not your problem. First, the transaction was canceled before it could go through and even if it did it would not be your responsibility." Cache smiled making Ginny smile softly, but before anything else could be said Percy knocked on the door and literally dragged Ron into the room.